Yes, I'll admit, I'm one of those people that walk right to the clearance rack in a store. I don't give a damn. I'd rather find tons of bargains than walk out of the store with one item that cost a couple hundred dollars. To me, bargain shopping is an adventure. It's like you have to prepare for it in advance (I do at least). Here are my do's and don'ts for bargain shopping:
1. DO eat before you shop. Plenty of times I went shopping without eating and I turned into the biggest bitch halfway through the shopping trip ( I get cranky when I don't eat). If you're in a hurry, take a small bag of chips or something to snack on.
2. DO check online to see if there are any coupons to your favorite stores before you go (or you could check here for the weekly printable coupons). Even if the coupon is for 10% off, a little helps a lot. Also, DO stick with your budget. If you only plan to spend $50 on clothes, stick with it. Good if you're under budget, bad if you're over.
3. DON'T go nuts. I know seeing all of those bargains are a bit overwhelming, but stick with buying something that you could use, don't just get it because it's cheap. Trust me, I've made that mistake before and I still have some of those mistakes hanging in my closet with the price tags still attached-from two years ago! Not good.
4. DO inspect the garments for rips, stains, etc. If it's something that you think you could repair, ask the salesperson if they give damage discounts. Usually, it's 10% off and the sale is final at that point, but who cares? You got a mega deal that doesn't take much to fix. DON'T buy it if the damage is unrepairable. It's not really a deal if you're not going to be able to wear it.
5. And last, but not least, DO enjoy your purchases. Only you can make a bargain outfit look like a million bucks.
Keep it cheap!