Adidas: Save 10% when you buy 2 or more items. Coupon code: AFF56BUY2
E.L.F.: Free beach kit with $30 or more purchase. Coupon code: SUMMER expires 6-4-06.
Avenue: Take 20% off any purchase. Expires 6-30-06.
Joann's Fabrics: $10 off $60 purchase. Expires 6-10-06.
Vanity Fair Outlet: $10 off $100 or more purchase. Expires 12-31-06.
The Vitamin Shoppe: $10 off $50 or more purchase. Expires 6-30-06.
World Kitchen Outlets: $15 off $100 or more purchase. Expires 6-22-06.
Alloy: Free shipping with $75 or more purchase. Coupon code: ACEAFF. Expires 7-31-06.
KarmaLoop: Free shipping with $45 purchase. Coupon code: SPRANG. Expires 6-4-06 HURRY!
Enjoy and keep it cheap!
"Lion and crest" tunic tank $10 (on sale), Wet Seal
Metallic gold sandals $7.50 (on sale), JC Penney
Paris Blues capri jeans $10 (on sale), Wet Seal
Belts $2.50 each (clearance), Wet Seal
Metallic gold heels $6.88, Walmart
Flip Flops $4.88, Walmart
The best thing about this Memorial Day weekend was the fact that we had a 3-day weekend off from work and the awesome sales at all the stores. I wanted to go to the beach, but it rained in Chicaville, so I went shopping. I'm trying to save my money, but it was so hard to resist all the sales. As you can see, I mostly bought shoes (I told you before I'm a shoe ho'). After this weekend, I think I'm going to chill out on shopping for a while. But, then again, I say that all the time. I just can't seem to keep my word. Keep it cheap!
Xhiliration appliqued tote $24.99, Target
Xhiliration tote $24.99, also from Target
I think I've featured this one before, but I still think it's cute. Reversible hobo bag $12.50, Old Navy.
"Mad Max" bag $22.00, Lulu's Fashion Lounge. Also available in white.
I love the belt that Remy Ma has on in this picture. I've been trying to find one remotely close to it, but so far, nowhere in Chicaville has it. I've found one on Ebay (I hope I win this auction), and I found one on GoJane.com that is kind of the same concept, but doesn't really look like it (it's $10.99 if anyone cares). Sigh. So far, I've seen a lot of them on Ebay, but I'll also comb my local thrift stores to see what I can find. I'm on a mission.
You Are Storm
Exotic and powerful, Storm descended from a line of African priestesses.
Emotions can effect your powers, but you are generally serene.
Powers: controlling weather, creating winds that lift you into flight, generating lightning
This quiz says I'm more like Storm, but I think I'm more like Wolverine-temperamental and looking for a brawl. Just kidding. Take the quiz to see which one of the X-men you are. You know the movie opens today, X3:The Last Stand. Go see it if you're and X-Men fan like me. Enjoy!
I didn't really watch anything else tonight. Mr. Cheap Chica was watching his favorite show, "Pinks!" It's a neat show-if you like the concept of drag racing for pink slips. Other than that, there was nothing better to watch. I should've watched "Hillside Cannibals" before I return it, but I'm sleepy and I'm going to turn in for the night.
Fashion pet peeves:
- I'm no clean freak or anything, but I hate to see people with dirty flip flops on, let alone, the dirty feet that are in them. Clean one of the two, don't walk around with both.
- Too tight clothes. If I see one more pot belly peeking out of a crop top, I'm going to scream. Wear clothes that fit and flatter your figure. That's what looks good.
- Anyone between the ages of 10-17 dressed like a hoochie momma. "Gee mommy, I want to be a hooker when I grow up." Your boobs aren't developed yet, stop wearing stuff that tries to "show them off". You ain't grown yet. And if I see whatever ass you haven't developed yet peeking out of a pair of too short shorts or peeking out from under your too short skirt, if your mom doesn't grab a belt and whoop your ass, I will.
- Anyone between the ages of 45 to "very old" dressed like a hoochie momma. Yeah, you probably was a brickhouse back in the day-waaaayyyy back in the day, but those days are over. I'm not saying that you should dress like some old fogey, but something's gotta give when your breasts are hanging below the hem of your too short skirt. Not a good look.
- Last, but not least, I know some of y'all are still rocking the $2 chinese mesh slippers-nothing wrong with that. Me personally, I don't wear them anymore, but if I see one more person wearing those things to the club-yes, the nightclub-I'm going take one of those slippers off your feet and slap you in the back of the head with it.
Shopping pet peeves:
- Bad ass children running around, bothering other shoppers when mom/dad is buying up the whole store and is unaware that their kids are wreaking havoc. When the kids bust their little asses on the rack, don't try to go sue the store. You should've had their asses on a leash. And get off the damn cell phone while they're running around messing up everything. Whoever's on the other end can talk to you when you get done shopping.
- While we're on the subject of cell phones...take the damn Bluetooth out of your ear. It's okay if you're using it in the car, but once you step out of the car, take that shit out. The call is not that important for you to walk around looking like a damn fool. And you know I'm right. I don't know who in the hell you're talking to when you're standing next to me looking through the racks.
- Sales clerks with jacked up attitudes. Leave your problems at the door. Noone has time for your attitude. Ever heard that saying "fake it to make it"? Okay, maybe you haven't, but live by those words. If you're having a crappy day, don't let it show because I will get ghetto on ya'.
- Sales clerks walking around on their cell phones-on the sales floor! I swear cell phones are going to be the death of some of you people. If I were your manager, I'd write your ass up, maybe even fire you. Talk to whoever on your BREAK TIME. The call is not that important.
- Lastly, a messy store. It just turns my stomach to see an unkempt store. I had this issue the other day at one of my favorite stores. I stayed in that store not even ten minutes, and other times I usually stay there for over an hour. When a store is clean and organized, you can actually find things and feel confident buying something out of that store (at least I do). But when it looks like a hurricane went through there, that's not good. It's actually hurting sales (I used to work in a clothing store, so I know). When the store isn't busy, the clerks really need to stay on top of it. Then they'll keep customers like me happy.
Share some of your fashion/shopping pet peeves. I know you have some. Holla!
Daffy's: Take 10% off entire purchase. Valid 5-25 through 5-29-06
Circuit City: Take 10% now through May 29, 2006.
New York & Co.: $30 off $75 or $60 off $150 purchase. Now through May 29, 2006.
The Body Shop: Buy 2 full-size Body Butters, get a free shower product.
You know those cool necklaces that I always find at the fleamarket? Well, I'm seriously thinking about hooking up with a distributor and selling some of those necklaces and other accessories. I'm trying to make extra money and since long necklaces are very much in right now, I think it would be good. Give me your feedback. These are just some of the things that I may be selling. Any suggestions? Leave those, too. Holla?
By the way, these will be sold online, whether on Ebay or my own site, so I will let you guys know when.
- Belt $0.99, thrift store
- Kimono sleeved top $5.99, Ross. This top actually has gold threading in it. Of course, you can't see it because my camera is a piece of crap, but it's really cute!
- Knee length skirt $3.99, thrift store
Between last year and the year before, Florida has been the vacation spot for hurricanes. When a couple of them hit Chicaville, my dumb ass didn't even bother to charge the cell phones up or at least have an extra battery handy-I couldn't call anyone for about two days. Well, I'm going to use this coupon-take 25% off chargers and batteries during Tax Free Week (May 21-June 1 for hurricane supplies), just in case. I hope this hurricane season isn't as bad as prior seasons, but it's better to be safe than sorry, so I'm going to take advantage of this Tax Free Week. Now if only we could get a break from these high gas prices....
Plaid halter dress $25.50, Wet Seal
Plaid Flip Flops $4.50, Old Navy
"Plaid is Rad" pin $1.50, Torrid. I don't know about y'all, but I kinda like this pin.
Plaid dress $40.00, Mandee. I know, it's another dress. But I really like it, so there.
Madra wedge sandals $15.00, Old Navy
Keep it cheap!
You Are Most Like Tyra Banks
Totally smokin' with tons of attitude
I also watched Dateline NBC, part 2 of the "To Catch a Predator" series, shot right here in Chicaville-Ft. Myers, Florida. This is the second time this town has been on television (last year, American Idol finalist Vonzell Solomon represented). It excites me to see my town on t.v. and to see our local law enforcement do a great job with this operation (go Chief Daniels and team!). You know, it is so sad how these men didn't have anything better to do with their time than to try to hook up with 14-15 year old girls and boys online. If you missed this show, click here to see at least some of it. You will laugh your asses off because these men are so stupid. What's really sad is that some of these men have teenage kids and some of the men are even married. One guy stated that if his wife found out that he was doing this, she would kill him. Yeah, I would kill your dumb ass, too, not just for hooking up with teenagers online, but because you're a jackass.
Well, that's what I pretty much watched for t.v. tonight, nothing else comes on Wednesday nights. I think I'll find some kind of hobby to get into, because until the next cycle of ANTM comes on t.v. again, I'll have nothing to do on Wednesdays. Help! Keep it, uh, cheap? Peace out.
DKNY Outlet (Chelsea Premium Outlets only!): Take 20% off any regular priced item when you spend $50 or more. Expires 6-18-06.
Ellen Tracy Outlet (Chelsea Premium Outlets): Take 20% off any regular priced item when you spend $100 or more. Expires 6-18-06.
Liz Claiborne Outlet(Chelsea Premium Outlets): Take 20% off any regular priced item when you spend $50 or more. Expires 6-18-06.
Maurices: Take 20% off entire purchase. Expires 5-24-06.
Dots: Take $5 off a purchase of $25 or more. Valid May 15-21, 2006.
Enjoy and keep it cheap!
Then we headed on over to Target to do some grocery shopping. Going to Target is like going to Walmart for me-I never walk out of there with just the things that I need, I somehow throw in "extras", like this top that I found:
Asian bird tank $9.99 @ Target
I love the graphic on this tank. I've always had a thing for cool asian-inspired prints. Hopefully, when Aunt Flo leaves, I'll be back to my normal self.
Week 2 of honey-based facial masks. I've yet to try this one because I hate having oily skin, especially living here in Florida. All I need is an apple and some honey and I'm good to go.
What you need:
one fine grated apple
5 tbs. honey
What to do:
Mix the apple and honey together. Smooth mixture all over your face and leave on for ten minutes. Rinse off with cool water.
To all the moms out there, The Cheap Chica, Mr. Cheap Chica and Napoleon, would like to wish all of you a Happy Mother's Day. Even though you're getting showered with gifts, flowers, and candy, the best gift of all is the love that your children show you everyday. That's priceless and it will last a lifetime. Go ahead and enjoy your day. We love you!
I really love these shoes. I was in Target yesterday and I don't know why I didn't grab them. Maybe it was my conscience talking to me. But for some reason, LL Cool J's song always seems to pop into my head. "It's hard for me to con-trol myself". I resisted the urge to buy them-this time. Xhiliration "Tequila" wedge sandals $19.99. Also available in black.
And for any even sweeter deal......
Xhiliration Metallic Flip Flops 2 for $15 (available at your local Target, on sale this week). Get them online for $6.99 each (2 for $15 not available online). These are similar to the J Crew version that's like $48, but these are a much, much better price. Keep it cheap!
Loehmann's: Take $20 off $100 or more purchase when you use your AMEX card. Expires June 30, 2006.
Gordman's: Take 20% off any item. Expires June 30, 2006.
La Redoute: $10 off $75, $15 off $100, or $25 off $150. Coupon code:1651-01639-368
Perfume.com: 10% off any order. Coupon code: SaveinMay
You Are a Classic Gucci Bag
Rhinestone necklace $10
Gold chain necklace with anchor pendant $9.00
And since we're on the subject of nautical.......
This belt is cute. Also from Lulu's $9.00