- Suave Humectant Conditioner, about $2.50 : I use this strictly for my co-washes (conditioner wash). It adds that much needed moisture to my hair and leaves it so soft.
- Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Pak, about $1.29 : This is by far my favorite deep conditioner. After I do my shampoo, I follow up with this. I just slather it on, cover with a plastic cap for about an hour and then rinse it out. Leaves my hair oh so soft. I like the citrus-y smell of it, too.
- Suave Clarifying Shampoo, about $1.50 : Another Suave product, lol. I use this about once a month to remove all the product build up from my hair. I make sure to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
- ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion, about $5 : This is my favorite moisturizing lotion. A lot of people I know don't like it because they say it's too greasy and it weighs their hair down, but this is the only hair lotion that keeps my hair hydrated.
- Alberto V05 Straightening Gel, about $3 : I've tried a lot of heat protectant flat ironing creams/serums and this one is so far the only one that keeps my hair straight through the humidity in this Florida weather. I like it.
My cheapalicious hair products
I've just started taking better care of my hair earlier this year. Thanks to sites such as Healthy Textures, Black Hair Media's discussion boards, and Divine Tresses, my hair is in its best shape ever. When I first started my quest for healthier hair, I've tried out a lot of different products, to see what my hair likes and what it doesn't like, thus the over abundance in my closet. But now, I only have a few products that I use religiously and they don't cost a lot either. In my opinion, it shouldn't matter how much a product costs, as long as it's good for your hair and you and your hair love it. What works for others may not work for you and vice versa. Here are my top 5: