- It doesn't hurt to browse the clearance rack. I'm not saying that you should buy something just because it's cheap. Buy stuff that you can use and match up with items that you already have.
- Search online for coupons. Every week I post coupons, or you can try sites like Keycode.com for coupon codes and Wow Coupons for printable coupons. I hardly ever shop online or in-store without a coupon. Hey, I'm The Cheap Chica damnit!
- Thrift store shopping. About half of my wardrobe is from thrifting. You can find some great items by taking your time and digging through the stuff. Check out my tips for thrift store shopping.
- Hold a swap party. A great way to score free clothes! Invite a few of your stylish girlfriends over, dump your bags on the floor, and swap away!
- Accessories- instant outfit updater. If I see a trendy accessory that I like, I don't spend a lot of money on it. I shop at places like Forever 21 or Wet Seal for inexpensive accessories to update my wardrobe.
- Take care of those clothes. I had people criticize me for buying inexpensive clothing that are only going to fall part when you wash them. My clothes have held up really well. I wash all of my clothing in cold water, delicate cycle, with Tide Total Care (my new laundry favorite). Even some clothes that are supposed to be "dry clean only" can be hand washed with no problem.
Got some budget fashion/shopping tips? Holla!