bracelet $35, Pink Cherie dress $34.50, Turquoise Boutique
The Wet Seal, Inc. (Nasdaq: WTSLA), a leading specialty retailer to young women, today announced the launch of a collection of tops designed by Ashlee Simpson. The collection features designs inspired by Ashlee Simpson's personality, sense of style and album artwork. Each piece displays Ashlee's signature touch and will be priced in line with Wet Seal merchandise. The line will launch nationally on April 22, 2008, the same day that her new album BITTERSWEET WORLD hits stores and online retailers nationwide. The first single from the release "Little Miss Obsessive" is currently heating up radio airwaves.[Continue reading source...]
- Bed, Bath, and Beyond: $10 off $30 or more purchase. Expires 4-10-08.
- Neiman Marcus (Last Call Center): $10 off $20 or more purchase. Expires 4-13-08
- Moxie Bee: Free shipping on all orders. Coupon code: FREEBEE. Expires 3-29-08. Thanks Frugalicious!
- BagHaus: Take an additional 10% off any Baghaus Primo Loft Bag. Coupon code: PRIMOPROMO. Expires 3-30-08.
Lighter and lighter colored denim has made its way into the stores for the warmer months. Light denim, in my opinion, look really cute with a flowy top and nice pair of wedge sandals, perfect for a spring weekend day. Here are some styles that I found under $40:
- sneakers $9, Steve and Barry's
- Mecca polo shirt $8, Ross Dress for Less
- South Pole shirt $4, Sears. Sears was having additional 50% off of clearance. Too bad they didn't have anything cute in the women's department.
- brown belt $5 and tan belt $6, Ross Dress for Less
- American Eagle Outfitters: 15% off your purchase. Expires 3-25-08.
- H&M: 20% off pants and shorts in the kids' collection. Expires 3-30-08
- Harbor Freight Tools: 10% off any purchase. Expires 4-1-08.
- Maurice's: Take 20% off any purchase. Expires 3-22-08.
- Rue 21: $20 off $50 purchase. Expires 3-31-08
- Overstock.com: $30 off $500 purchase. Expires 3-31-08
- e.l.f.25% off nail polish. Coupon code: EGEASTDD. Expires 3-31-08.
trouser jeans $40
Right now, get $10 off regular and sale priced items at Arizona Jeans. Offer begins on March 12 and ends April 2, 2008. Enter coupon code AZJWM1 at the checkout. Don't JC Penney still sell this brand? I didn't know they had their own site. Cool.
island breeze dress $49
- MetroStyle: Take 25% off any one item. Coupon code: MSMYFAV11. Expires 3-31-08.
- Baghaus: Take an additional 8% off Crosby Palette style handbags. Coupon code: 8OFFCROSBY. Expires 3-9-08.
- Fashion to Figure: $25 off orders $75 or more. Coupon code: FTF7525. Expires 3-31-08.
- Rue 21: $10 off $30 or more purchase. Expires 3-10-08.
What Budget Chic says:
One of the best ways to save money on apparel is by shopping the Junior stores and the Juniors section in major department stores. There is a significant markup when you move over to the Women’s section in fine department stores. Women’s is looking pretty good nowadays, since more manufacturers are interpreting trends a lot quicker and the styles are more reflective of what’s on the runway, but the price point between Juniors and Misses is a good $50 to $150 difference. I’m also referring to the department store “house brands” and not any of the name brand designers they may carry. I figured why pay $98 for a skirt in Misses (for example a INC skirt at Macy’s may retail for $98) when you can pay $39 in the Junior section.
Some of the better junior lines are XOXO, BCX, Rampage, Zinc and Necessary Objects. I always go for their suiting separates and outerwear. Thats not to say that one shouldn’t shop the Women’s section at all. The best time to shop the misses/petite section is during seasonal changes, so you can get that extra 30% to 50% off. You probably don’t want to wait until it hits the Clearance rack, because by that time sizes are limited and everything is picked over. The Junior section is great for blazers, dress shirts, coats, and blouses. If you are a woman in your thirties or forties you want to be extremely selective. You probably want to avoid the casual wear (tanks, t-shirts, casual tops and pants, jeans, leggings, undergarment and swim wear) area, unless you don’t give a hoot and just want to “go there”. I prefer to exercise judgment and put “style” before trends, but obviously it’s whatever the person is comfortable with.I also stay away from buying dresses from the Juniors department, because many time their dresses are too short, over-embellished, made with skimpy material, poorly designed or are too “prom” looking. The Junior stores (Forever21, Wet Seal) really aren’t any better. Well, I must say this about Forever21 - their dresses are decent when they are pushing the right trend, right now their current stock is short mod or long maxi length dresses and I hate both of those styles and I don’t think they look flattering on me.
I usually purchase my dresses from Target, Dillards Clearance Center, Marshalls / TJ Maxx or Ross for Less. Basic lifestyle stores like Gap and Old Navy are great places to pick up solid pieces and occasionally you can find a nice summer dress on the cheap. The Gap is great, but lately they have decided to stock less merchandise so they do not have to do so many “mark downs” so it harder to find really good deals in the Gap on a consistent basis anymore.Juniors is a good alternative if your clothing budget is very tight. Many women today have so many other financial responsibilities that there is hardly any room for “fashion” in their budget. They may have the same amount of funds for clothing as a college student. So why not take advantage of their resources. This will enable the fashionably frugal mom or single woman to look good but stay focus on other financial priorities.
What Style Mojo says:
If you are over 21 I think it's best do your self a wonderful favor and say to say no to Juniors clothing. There are several bad things about an adult body in teen clothing. Oh Jebus, where to start!
Juniors clothing are not made to flatter an adult body. Generally, Juniors pieces will run smaller at the bust and hips. Avoid buying clothing in odd numbered sizes. Why battle muffin tops and cleavage spillage and seam bunching when you don't have to?
Typically, Juniors sizes are a product of "Throw Away" fashion. These fashions are made for teenagers on a tight budget who want to keep up with the constant fads. As a fashionable girl grows into a woman, she should have developed a since of her own style by incorporating the latest trends where she sees fit.
The Give Aways
I can spot a Juniors piece from a mile away. Keep my list in mind and you too can avoid being a victim.
- The Extraneous Waist Tie - Typically on a Junior top you will find the dreaded waist tie. No matter if there is a need for a tie in the back or not, a waist tie will be present! I once saw I waist tie on a belted top! Nooooo! Which brings me to Inclusive Accessories.
- Inclusive Accessories - They irk me till no end! Look out for jewelry attachments and belted tops.
- Cheapness - Its just common knowledge....ill fitting asymmetrical cuts and cheap looking dyes? Just say no ladies! Just say no!
GNG aka Good N' Ghetto
Odd Sizes - 1,3,5,7,9
Extraneous Waist Ties
Fine Line Forever 21 - Yes, I said it. Shop there with caution! *Every blue boon you can find neat and cheap party dresses in the Juniors section. You may even find a cute clubbin' halter which can pass since you'll be in the dark anyway. But use your own discretion!
Both of these ladies have made very good points in their posts, but I'm going to say yay on shopping the juniors'. It's helped me stay on trend without breaking the bank. That's just my opinion. So, what do you think? Do you shop the juniors' department/stores? Why or why not?
Well, it's time for me to lay my Tory Burch knockoffs to rest. I ran them into the ground and went to hell and back in them, so I went online shopping for some new ones. I found these babies from Tar-jay, and I can't wait until they arrive.
metallic gold snake ballet flats $15
FORUM TOPIC OF THE DAY: Why can't some people respect other people's personal style? Holla at me in the forum.
Welcome to March, Chicas! Today, Kohl's is having a Saturday Early Bird Sale (1am- 4pm EST) . The sale includes 50-60% off Women's Daisy Fuentes collection, 40-60% off Juniors' dresses and collections, and 50% off young men's Union Bay, Urban Pipeline, and U.S. Polo Association bottoms. So, hurry hurry. Quantities are limited. Sales end at 4pm to day eastern time.