Hello, Chicas! The lovely ladies over at Pink Cherie are sponsoring yet another giveaway! We are giving away the Enchantress Swarovski Earrings. They are leaf shaped earrings with Swarovski Austrian Crystal on them. They are currently selling for $20 in the Classic Virtue collection at Pink Cherie, so if you don't win these, you can buy them and use coupon NEWPINK15 for 15% off. Coupon expires 9-30-08. Again, no hard trivia questions, or essays you need to write to win. Just send your name, city, and state to firstname.lastname@example.org with Earrings in the subject area. Winner will be picked at random. Contest ends Sunday night (8-31-08) at 11:59 PM EST. Good luck!
Yves Saint Laurent "Tribute" tote $1395, Saks
THE CHEAP CHICA WAY...
Black Tribute Faux Patent Croc Leather Tote $52, Accessory Bug
The YSL Tribute tote. I wanted that bag since the first time I saw Halle Berry carry it. So stylish, but so expensive. Then the lovely ladies over at Accesory Bug sent me an email saying "hey CC, look what we have for you!" A much cheaper version- so stylish, so inexpensive, thank you Accessory Bug! For an even better deal, use coupon code skool08 at the checkout for an additional 10% off your purchase. Offer ends 10-31-08.
- top: JC Penney
vest: JC Penney
dressy shorts: Burlington Coat Factory
flats: Wally World
- Bealls: Free shipping on any purchase. Coupon code: FREE2ME. Expires 8-21-08
- Ann Taylor Loft: 25% off any purchase. Coupon code: 10701098. Expires 8-24-08
- Arden B: $50 off $200 or more purchase. Coupon code: 0808EM5. Expires 9-1-08
- Payless ShoeSource©: Buy 1, get 1 half off. Expires 9-8-08
- CharlotteRusse.com: 25% off tops when you buy three or more. Expiration unknown.
- Ponds Clean Sweep towelettes sample (Costco members only)
- Dove Go Energize Fresh shampoo and conditioner sample (page is in spanish)
Mossimo "Velda" pumps $26.99, Target
snakeskin pump $27.80, Forever 21
One of my favorite thrift stores here in Chicaville besides my favorite Goodwill is The Family Thrift Center. I popped in there after work today and browsed around. Even though they are in a nicer store, I think this new location is a lot smaller than the old. And they still don't have fitting rooms. That's okay. Next time, I'll be dressed for the occasion. I ended up buying a skirt for $2 and a pair of bermuda shorts for $3. I saw so other things that I wanted, like a brand new pair of Ann Taylor trouser jeans for $6, a cute maxi dress for $2, but neither one was my size. If you're ever here in Chicaville, and you're looking for a neat thrift store to shop at, come to Family Thrift. Before you go:
- Bring cash. They do not take credit cards. They do have an ATM machine inside the store.
- Dress in something that you can easily slip other garments over because they don't have fitting rooms.
- Prepare to spend hours and hours digging through all of the cool stuff.
- Kohls: 15% off your purchase when you use your Kohls Credit Card. Coupon code: AUG15. Valid 8/13-8/19/08.
- Bebe: 15% off $75 or more purchase. Expires 8-30-08
- Gap: 25% off adult and maternity regular-priced jeans. Expires 8-17-08
- Gymboree: 20% off your purchase. Expires 9-30-08
- CharlotteRusse.com: 20% off regular priced dresses. No coupon code needed.
- Ann Taylor Loft: 20% off plus free shipping on orders $100 or more. Coupon code: August20. Expires 8-17-08
- White House Black Market: $20 off $80 or more purchase. Coupon code: 8690. Expiration unknown.
The Cheap Chica has teamed up with Sunglass Warehouse for this fab giveaway. Spotted on celebs such as Kirsten Dunst and Rachel Bilson, the classic Ray Ban Wayfarers are what's hot this summer. We are giving away a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarer inspired sunglasses to one lucky winner. Winner will be selected at random. No hard trivia questions or riddles to answer this time. Just email your name, city, and state to email@example.com with "Sunglass Giveaway" in the subject area. Contest will close at 11:59 pm Friday night (8-15-08). Must be 18 years old or older and a resident of the U.S. To those that don't win, you can buy these babies for $16 on the site. Good luck and a special thanks to the lovely folks at Sunglass Warehouse for making this giveaway happen!
Lizzy Wedge $11.99 (on sale online), Payless
Today on my lunch hour, I took a stroll over to Payless. Armed with my 15% off coupon, I finally purchased these shoes that I had my eye on for months, and they were on sale for $8! Sweet!
FORUM TOPIC OF THE DAY: Beyonce's L'Oreal ad.
Sometimes, I'd rather do online shopping because if there is a certain item I'm looking for, nine times out of ten it's not going to be in my local stores. I'd ask the sales clerk if they know when they are going to get the item in and the answer is either they don't know or try another one of their stores, which most of the time is another city away. Instead of driving from store to store looking for the item, I just order it from the site. So, online shopping most of the time is the way to go for me. Which would you rather do? Discuss in the forum.
"We don't have plans to continue it at this time," Walmart.com chief merchant Kelly Thompson said in an interview.
Called z.b.d. design, the clothing line was being sold as a test on the retailer's website after it faced rocky attempts to sell hipper apparel in its physical stores. [continue reading source...]