And here's another giveaway brought to you by the lovely folks over at Pink Cherie! Up for grabs is this handmade wooden sweet scents bohemian cuff bracelet that can be found in the Inspire Roses Collection for $26. Winning is easy, just email your name, city, and state to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will randomly pick the winner. Contest ends Sunday, 10-5-08 at 11:59 pm eastern time. Contest open to US residents, 18 years old and over only. Good luck!
And if you don't win, you could always get 15% off your order using coupon code NEWPINK15 at the checkout.
I've just got through reading "The One Hundred" by Nina Garcia, and I must say it is a must read. What I like about this book is that with every piece that she lists, she recommends ways to wear it, what brands are good, and where to buy them. She also gives you a brief history lesson on some of the items. For example, the cardigan (#12 boyfriend cardigan) got it's origin and name when the seventh Earl of Cardigan needed an extra layer of warmth under his uniform during the Crimean War (pg.36). Cool. She's not telling you that you have to buy these things, she just recommends them. She makes it clear that it's her list and encourages the reader to develop their own style and make their own One Hundred. There are a few things that I think are kind of odd to be on the list like the Blackberry (#9), the Ipod (#41), and an umbrella (#89). Oh well, it's her list. No more spoilers from me, y'all. Check it out! What's your One Hundred? Hell, what's your Ten? Here's my ten from the "One Hundred":
- Ballet flat (#5). Sometimes, I need a break from wedges and heels,especially at work where I'm constantly walking around. I recommend a basic color like black to wear with mostly everything, and a fun bright color.
- Clutch (#20). I absolutely adore clutches. Sometimes our little shoulders need a break from carrying totes and satchels.
- Hoop earrings (#39). If I don't have any other earrings in my jewelry box, I gotta have a pair of silver and gold hoop earrings.
- Jeans (#42). C'mon, who doesn't own a pair of jeans? Most versitile piece of clothing you could ever own.
- Little Black Dress (#49). Need I say more?
- Nail polish (#59)
- Sandals (#75). Hello, I'm a Floridian. Gotta have the sandals.
- Wide leg trousers (#97). Another work staple of mine. Comfort, comfort, comfort.
- Wrap dress (#99). Again, need I say more?
- Man's white shirt (#53). Not necessarily a man's shirt, but a classic white button down shirt. Another versitile piece, it can be dressed up or down.
- Banana Republic: 20% off $100 or more purchase when you use your Visa card. Expires 10-9-08.
- Victoria's Secret: $10 off IPEX bra and a free cotton panty . Expires 10-5-08
- Tilly's: 20% off any one item. Coupon code: CJ20. Excludes Uggs and Levi's items. Expiration unknown
- Old Navy: $10 off $75 or more purchase plus free shipping. Coupon code: SHOPANDSAVE. Expires 9-25-08
- Nike: 20% off clearance items. Coupon code: SEPTCLEAR2. Expires 9-28-08
- Limited Too: 25% off your purchase. No coupon needed. Expires 10-6-08
- NY & Co.: Free shipping on any outerwear purchase. Coupon code: 2687. Expires 11-3-08
- Kohl's: $3.95 flat shipping . Expires 9-25-08
FORUM TOPIC OF THE DAY: I know y'all watched "Heroes" last night, right?
I really like Balenciaga's crested blazer from their FW0708 collection, but who has that kind of money to spend when you can just go to the fabric store and buy an applique? That's exactly what I did. I love this vest from Forever 21, but they don't have a size XL, and a large would not fit over my chas chas, so I've decided to take an old vest that I have from my closet and made my own crested vest. My next DIY project will be a crested blazer.
Aah, 1992. I was twelve years old when I started watching MTV's House of Style. I forgot when it came on, but I hardly ever missed an episode. House of Style was one of the great shows of MTV back in the day. Now, you couldn't pay me to watch MTV. I almost forgot about this show until I ran across a blog while surfing the 'net called, you guessed it, House of Style, lol. Here's a clip of the show that I found on You Tube about women in bands of the 90's. Enjoy!
*if the video doesn't work, click here to watch
*if the video doesn't work, click here to watch
- Bath and Body Works: Free shipping on orders $20 or more. Coupon code: FREESHIP20. Expires 9-18-08.
- Arden B: 20% off any regular priced purchase. Expires 9-22-08
- Charlotte Russe: Free standard shipping on all orders! Exp. 9/30
- Dots: $10 off $30 or more purchase. Expires 9-21-08
- FORUM TOPIC OF THE DAY: "True Blood" is now my must-watch show on Sunday nights. What about you?
The lovely folks over at Sunglass Warehouse are launching their sister site called Handbag Planet on Oct. 15. To celebrate this launch, they are having a contest and will be giving away a free handbag every hour on the day of the launch. Everyone in the US and Canada are eligible and sign-up is simple. You can also gain extra entries by emailing friends and by following Handbag Planet on MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter. You can review the contest rules here. Mark Oct.15 on your calender and good luck!
- Honey Baked: $24.99 3lb boneless ham. Expires 9-27-08
- The Limited: $15 off $50 or more purchase. Expires 9-21-08
- Macy's: Free shipping on Tommy Hilfiger orders $100 or more. Coupon code: TOMMYFS. Expires 9-11-08
- Pink Cherie: 15% off your order. Coupon code: NEWPINK15. Expires 9-30-08
- Kohls: 15% off your order when you use your Kohl's credit card. Coupon code: PICK15EXTRA. Expires 9-16-08
- Charlotte Russe: Buy any 4 items get the 5th item FREE! Exp 9/13
The lovely ladies over at Moxie Bee are having an awesome sale right now. Everything in the store is half off! The prices are cheap as hell to begin with, so I think this is an awesome deal. Here are some items that I'm loving right now:
- printed skirt (reg. $22, on sale $11)
- black sheer ruffled blouse (reg. $32, on sale $16)
- cocktail ring (reg. $10, on sale $5)
Sale ends 9-14-08.
- Top 10 best stores for budget fashion [College Fashion]
- McDonald's "gourmet" coffee vs. Starbucks [Frugalista Files]
- At home spa ideas [IVillage]
- And speaking of inexpensive spa indulgences, make your own cucumber water while your're at it [Fabulous on a Budget]
Forum topic of the day: Help a fellow CCSN member with fashion ideas for her new boots.
- Barnes and Noble: 15% off any one item. Expires 9-7-08
- Dots: $10 off $30 or more purchase. Expires 9-6-08
- Esprit: $20 off denim pants purchase. Expires 9-14-08
- Ulta: 20% off any purchase. Expires 9-6-08
- NY & Co.: 20% off $80 or more purchase. Expires 10-4-08
Forum topic of the day: Why or why don't you go to the salon?