The 34-year-old man was at the entrance of the Valley Stream Wal-Mart store just after it opened at 5 a.m. and was knocked to the ground, the police report said.
The exact cause of death was still to be determined by a medical examiner.[Continue reading source...]
The way some people act on Black Friday, you would think these stores were handing out free merchandise for people to lose their minds like that. My heart goes out to this man's family. It's a shame he had to lose his life because some idiots out there couldn't wait to get inside of the store. Ridiculous. Question. Why was Wally World closed? Aren't they 24 hours?
- Bath and Body Works: Free standard shipping on any purchase. Coupon code: SHIPFREE. Expires 11-27-08
- Express: 15% off any purchase. Expires 12-9-08
- Juicy Couture: 30% off regular priced tracksuits. Valid 11/28- 11/30/08
- Victoria's Secret: 25% off any full priced item. Expires 11-30-08
- Guess by Marciano: 60% off sale prices. Valid 11/27- 11/30/08
- Baghaus: $10 off purchase of $50 or more. Coupon code: TENOFF. Expires 12-1-08
- 7 For All Mankind: Free tank top with your order. Coupon code: GIFT4ME. Expires 12-31-08.
- Aeropostale: $5 off $25 or more. Coupon code: 5CREDIT. Expires 12-1-08
- AZ Jeans: 20% off any purchase. Coupon code: DWMPER. Expiration unknown.
- Ruche: 20% off entire store (Black Friday 11/28) and 15% off entire store (Cyber Monday 12/1).
- Endless.com: 30% off $75 full priced boots or slipper purchase (Black Friday).
- Goody's: $10 off $20 or more purchase (Early Bird special 4am-10am 11/28/08 only).
Here are a few Black Friday/ Cyber Monday deals that came through my inbox over the weekend, so I thought I'd share. While I won't be wrestling the crowds on Black Friday (did that once before, never again), I will check out some of these Cyber Monday deals because, hey, I don't have to leave my house to deal with crazy ass people. From what I hear, the crowds get rough here in Chicaville on Black Friday. I do not want to be a part of that. I'll be at work anyway.
- Drugstore hair products work just as good as the salon products. Sally's Beauty Supply sells a budget friendly line called Generic Value Products, which are generic versions of top salon brands such as Paul Mitchell and Matrix, just to name a few, and work just as well as their more expensive counterparts. I myself use GVP's version of BioSilk and Super Skinny Serum, and I love them both.
- Wanna get that spa experience at home? Check out Spa Index and click on the "spa at home" tab for recipes for facial masks, scrubs, etc.
- Do your own manicure and pedicure. Tips for doing your own mani/pedi are here. I use inexpensive nail color brands like NYC and Wet 'N Wild if I want a funky, trendy color, but don't want to spend more than a couple of bucks for it.
- Get your hair done at a cosmetology school. A lot of people are skeptical about letting trainees practice on their hair, and that's understandable, but they are heavily watched by their instructors. If you don't want them to do anything major to your hair like a color or a cut, just go in for a shampoo and set or a trim. My mom used to go to this local cosmetology school to get her hair shampooed and rollerset, and it came out really good. Getting your hair washed and set for $8! What a deal.
- Check out the drugstores for makeup. Cheap Chica reader LW scopes out the Walgreens and CVS weekly ads for deals on their makeup. Sometimes they have promotions like buy one, get one half off or buy one get one free on certain makeup brands.
What are some of your money saving tips for beauty?
The reason I ask is because my friend and I went shopping at our local Charlotte Russe today. I had this coupon on hand, so I decided to use it on our purchase. All of our items happened to be sale items. Here's what happened when I got to the register.
I love the fringe ankle booties that Vanessa Simmons have on. I'm sure she paid a pretty penny for them, but you know The Cheap Chica got your back when it comes to finding less expensive versions.
- Bath and Body Works: 20% off your purchase (Friends and Family). Coupon code: 20FRIENDS. Expires 11-16-08
- Payless: 15% off your in-store purchase. Expires 11-17-08.
- Arizona Jeans: $10 off $50 or more. Coupon code: DWMBMS. Expiration unknown.
- Charlotte Russe: 30% off your purchase (Friends and Family). Valid 11/13- 11/18/08.
- Dots: $10 off $30 or more. Expires 11-16-08.
- Old Navy: 10% off your purchase when you use your Old Navy credit card. Coupon code: TEN4WINTER. Expires 11-13-08
new payless styles by cheapchica
- Free sample of Pantene Expressions Liquid Crystals shampoo (must register to receive emails)
- Aeropostale: $10 off $40 or more purchase. Expires 11-9-08
- NY & Co.: $30 off $75 or more purchase. Expires 11-9-08
- Lancome: 20% off plus free shipping (Friends and Family event). Coupon code: HOLIDAYJOY. Expires 11-12-08
- JC Penney: Free shipping on orders $69 or more. Coupon code: 41FS69. Expires 11-10-08
- The Limited: 30% off your purchase. Expires 11-9-08
- The Gap: Take an extra 25% off sale items. Coupon code: EXTRA25. Expires 11-11-08
I've been on the hunt for a pair of cute patterned tights for some time now to wear with my skirts and cute sweater dresses this fall/winter. I like these, but I wanted a pair that wasn't too crazy for work. I was on my grocery shopping trip this past Sunday at Walmart when I decided to check out the hosiery aisle. I wanted to see if they had anything else besides knee highs and control top sheer pantyhose when lo and behold, there they were- a pair of argyle tights. They only had them in grey and black, but that's okay, they're perfect for the office. The price was perfect, too. $5, baby!