- Steve Madden: 35% off plus free shipping. Coupon code: HappyHolidays35. Expires 12-31-08
- Pink Mascara: 20% off sale prices. Coupon code: 20offsale. Expiration unknown.
- Payless: 15% off in-store purchase. Expires 1-12-09
- Express: $10 off $20 or more purchase. Expires 2-3-09
- Aldo: 10% off your purchase. Expires 1-31-09
- Fly Jane: $10 off $50 or more purchase. Coupon code: giveme10. Expires 1-4-09
- Want to have fun tomorrow night, but don't have $75 to go to some club and celebrate New Year's Eve (yeah, there's a local club that's charging anywhere from $75- $150 to get in. I won't be going)? Here are some fun and affordable ways that I celebrate my New Year's.
- If there's something going on around town- for FREE or really inexpensive- cruise by there and enjoy the festivities. I know here in Chicaville, they have an annual ball drop that's free, but I think you have to pay a few bucks for parking.
- New Year's house parties are always fun, especially my family's. Be sure to bring a bottle of wine or a dish. Throw a potluck at your house. That way, everyone can bring a dish. Affordable and easy!
- Stay home and watch some New Year's Eve programs on TV. Invite some friends over and reminisce about every thing that went on this year.
What are you doing for New Year's Eve?
- Chi flat iron: I needed a new one. After my old Chi went MIA sometime ago, my hair couldn't live without it. Don't get me wrong, I don't use it every single day, but when I want that silky straight look, nothing else does it like a Chi. Mr. Cheap Chica saw the agony I was going through without my beloved flat iron, so he got me a new one. Hallelujah!
- A pair of boots: I wanted another pair of black boots and there were a few pairs I'd been eyeballing. I received these from my fashionista aunt and I love them. They're kind of like my Mossimo Kiley boots that I got, but these are the American Eagle brand from Payless.
- Clutch from one of my good friends. Another one to add to the collection, lol.
- $20 Wally World gift card: Now, this is actually a re-gift from my grandmother-in-law. She'd gotten it from a Christmas raffle at her job, but she says she has no use for it because she doesn't shop at Walmart. The closest one is "too far" from her house. Okay. Works for me.
What did you get for Christmas?
- Wet Seal: Buy 2, get 1 for $0.01. In stores only today (12/26) and tomorrow (12/27). Find a store.
- Banana Republic: Take 20% off sale items. Coupon code: EXTRA20. Expires 1-1-09
- Old Navy: Up to 75% off clearance. Check it out!
- Charlotte Russe: Up to 50% off storewide (in store only). $9.99 sweaters, outerwear 50% off, denim $14.99 and up. Now until 12-31-08. Find a store.
- Forever 21: 50% off select sweaters. Today only in-stores and online.
- Rue 21: Mega sale. Select items from $2-$10 throughout the store. Today only. Find a store.
Got an after Christmas sale you want to share? Leave it in the comments!
Twist Bootine $10 (on sale), Payless
I bought this top from Forever 21, and I was planning on wearing it with black skinny pants and heels to a New Year's party. Should I accessorize it? I don't want to add too many accessories because it already has sequins up top.- Casey
I love this top. I was thinking about getting it myself. To answer your question, I would just do maybe a bold ring and a clutch. Like you said, it already has sequins on top, so adding a necklace (in my opinion) would be a little much. However, if you wear your hair up, you could add a pair of hoop earrings. If the hair is worn down, just stick with the ring and the clutch. Hope that helps and have fun!
Sidenote: Let me explain something to y'all. I like TJ Maxx, I really do. But only the ones outside of Chicaville. For some strange reason, the three TJ Maxx stores that are in my area are. not. that. great. I hardly ever find anything I like out of either of them. Yesterday was different, though. Maybe it was because I was shopping for other people that I just happened to find some stuff.
Anyway, the people left to buy on my list were my cousin's baby, one of my good friends, and my fashionista aunt. Here's what I found:
photo sources l to r: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8 click pic to enlarge
- "Vero" neon platform $22.80, Forever 21. Just like Rih's Giambattista Valli heels, but at a fraction of the cost.
- Rihanna loves her Members Only latex leggings. The girl practially lived in them. Latex leggings $19.50, Wet Seal.
- Belted Corset $27, Charlotte Russe
- Neon nail polish $3, Hot Topic. When neon nails ruled this summer, Rih was spotted with just about every neon color of the rainbow.
- Studded cuff bracelet $10, Hot Topic. An edgy look won't be complete with out studs.
- Rih makes laid back casual look oh so chic. And the go-to, laid back casual shoe? Converse Chuck Taylors of course. Converse Chucks $40, Finish Line.
- Jazz up a plain tank and jeans combo with a funky scarf. Abstract animal print scarf $8.50, Wet Seal.
- Funky 80's inspired sunglasses $7.50, Wet Seal
Books and Magazines:
- Check out books and magazines from the library. Hello, can we say free? Free always, unless you don't turn them back in on time, and the fees start adding up.
- Have a fave magazine that you're always buying from the store at $4 a pop every month? The cheap (and smart) thing to do is just buy a subscription. Depending on the magazine, subscriptions are generally under $20 a year, so you'll save about $28. Or, borrow a current issue from a friend if she subscribes to your favorite magazine.
- Check out Digi-zines.com to read issues of some magazines online- for free.
- Book Mooch lets you swap your unwanted books with fellow swappers. Check it out.
TV, DVD's, and Video games:
- Love video games, but can't afford to plop down $30-$60 on a brand new game? A lot of video game stores, Game Stop being one of them, have used games you could buy for a fraction of the cost of a brand new one. You can also check out Game Fly, where you could rent games for a monthly fee- sort of like Netflix.
- Speaking of Netflix, rent dvd's- with no late fees and usually a short wait to receive movies- for a small fee a month on some plans. *shameless plug* Netflix lets you rent, watch and return DVDs from home - Try free for 2 weeks
- Check out swapping sites such as Swap A DVD and Swap Tree to trade your unwanted dvd's and video games with fellow traders.
- Watch select tv shows and movies for free at Hulu or Modern Feed for select tv shows. You can also check out the network's website for replays of a missed episode.
- Looking for used Cd's on the cheap? Check out Half.com and Amazon for used CD's for the fraction of the cost of a brand new one. Sometimes, if there is a particular CD that I'm looking for that the music stores don't carry, I check out these sites for it.
- More swapping..... check out Swap A CD (a sister site of Swap A DVD)
- When I'm at work, I'm always listening to a streaming radio station. It mellows me out. Browse thousand of different genres on sites like Live 365 ( they have my fave neo-soul stations) and Pandora (lets you create stations based on your favorite songs or artists) and stream away.
Why: So you can score some designer items on the cheap that's why. Plus, if you use your NM credit card, you get an extra 20% off your purchase. Now, tell me that ain't a deal? It's a shame we don't have a NM Last Call Store here. Oh wait, there's one in Orlando. Mwuaaahhhh.
So today, I finally received my Mossimo "Kiley" boots from Target after waiting for them for over a month. When I first spotted these boots a few months ago, they were almost sold out then. I called just about every store here and they told me that the boots weren't available in stores. So I had to wait for them while they were on backorder, but it was worth the wait, I love them! They are the most comfortable boots ever, and I love the color. I can't wait to wear them out this weekend. They are completely sold out in this color online and I don't think they have them in the stores yet, but they do have them in gray, black, and brown. Not bad for thirty bucks!
- Honee plaid swing coat $60, Overstock
- Cape collar swing coat $89, Newport News
- Miss Sixty double breasted swing coat $60, Overstock
- Steve Madden houndstooth belted coat $95, Zappos
First this guy, now this guy. Money is money. At least he tried to pay for his ticket.
I'll tell you like I tell everyone else, if you don't like the content of this blog or what is said and how it's said, there's a red "x" at the top right corner of your browser window. Click on it and poof, I'm gone. Stop getting so worked up about stuff that doesn't matter to anyone but you. It's a freakin' blog for crying out loud. I take criticism very well, thank you very much. I put that comments rule in place because I was tired of other commenters getting attacked by nasty commenters (usually "anonymous" people). If you want to talk crap about something or someone in the comments section, why hide behind the "anonymous" tag? Oh, and by the way, it's "Russe", not "Rouse". I don't know how you manage to misspell that when the words were right in front of you.
That is all...
- Gap: 20% off purchase of $75 or more. Expires 12-24-08
- Gymboree: 20% off already reduced items. Expires 12-31-08
- Rack Room Shoes: $10 off $60 or more purchase. Expires 12-18-08
- SteinMart: $10 off $50 or more purchase. Expires 3-7-09
- Yankee Candle: $10 off $25 or more purchase. Expires 12-22-08
- Kohl's: 15% off your purchase when you use your Kohl's charge card. Coupon code: EXTRA15OFF. Expires 12-24-08
- Handbag Heaven: 20% off, plus free shipping on all orders. No coupon needed. Expires 12-18-08
- NY & Co: Take 50% off every online purchase. Valid 12/18- 12/24/08
But anyway, there were a lot of items to choose from, and here are a few things I've found to give you ideas on what to get for the ones you love:
- Wally World is the new hot store in these hard economic times. [The Budget Fashionista]
- Jillian Lewis's (Project Runway season 4) advice on staying recessionista chic. [IVillage Steals and Deals]
- Another one bites the dust... KB Toys files for bankruptcy. [Budget Diva]
- Celebs are bargain hunters, too. [The F]
- ASOS is now charging $6 to ship to the US. Hallelujah! Okay Budget Babe, what did you really do? Did you lay the smackdown on somebody at the headquarters, lol.
- Poster Girl's 5 under $25 holiday gifts from Marshall's and TJ Maxx. Looks like I'll be taking a trip over there to do some holiday shopping. [Fashion Trend Guide]
Employee 1: "Oh, another Publix gift card. Couldn't they have given us something different this year, like a bonus on our check"?
Employee 2: "Yeah right. Do you really think they're going to give us a bonus? What am I going to do with a $50 gift card to Publix?[what can't you do with a $50 gift card to Publix?- Cheap Chica] I don't even shop at Publix."[give it to me, asshole, i'll take it.- Cheap Chica]
Employee 1: Cheap muthaf**kas.
Really? You gotta be fucking kidding me. Since I've been working at my current place of employment, we've always received a gift card from Publix every year for Christmas, and every year, someone has something negative to say about it. You're upset because your place of employment thought enough about your punk ass to get you something for Christmas? They didn't have to give you anything. The way this economy is going, be thankful that you have a job for crying out loud. Some people don't have a job right about now. They would love to be in your shoes right now. Hell, they would love to have that $50 gift card that you're complaining about just to put food in their house. That's money for grocery that you don't have to come out of pocket for and you're complaining? What is the world coming to? Geeeeezzzzzz.
Living on the cheap just got a little more luxe. "Project Runway" winner Christian Siriano has inked a deal with Payless ShoeSource to design a line of inexpensive handbags and footwear – his first ever.
The collection will debut during New York's fashion week in February at Siriano's runway show and will be available for Payless shoppers by fall 2009. [Continue reading source...]
them and weed out the ones that I don't really wear anymore just to free up some space.
- AC Moore: 50% off any one regular priced item. Expires 12-13-08
- Lucky Brand Jeans: 30% off any one item. Expires 1-9-09
- Victoria's Secret: 20% off any purchase. Expires 12-14-08
- AZ Jeans: 25% off any purchase. Coupon code: AZJBG25. Today only (12-10-08)
- Rue 21: Take 30% off your purchase (Friends and Family). Expires 12-14-08
- Dots: $5 off $25 or more purchase. Expires 12-14-08
- Charlotte Russe: Free Shipping with purchase of $60 or more! Offer expires 12/31
What: For one day only (12-9-08), save 20% off on your entire purchase at Wet Seal.
Why: Here's another chance to save some money on already affordable fashion. They ran this promotion last week for Cyber Monday. I guess it did so well, they brought it back. Sweet! And, if you're a Seal Deal Club member, you get an additional 10% off. Even sweeter!
- Goody's: 25% off any single item. There's coupons for 12/4, 12/5, and 12/6/08.
- NY & Co.: Free shipping on $50 or more purchase. Coupon code: 7274. Expires 12-14-08
- Kohl's: Free shipping on $50 or more purchase. Valid 12/5- 12/6/08
- Mandee: 25% off your purchase. Expires 12-7-08
- Arden B: 20% off your order. Coupon code: OurGift08. Expires 12-7-08
- E.L.F: 50% off bath and body products. Coupon code: BATH50. Expires 1-1-09
(left) Designer: Gucci "Hysteria" python bag [photo source]
(right) Cheap Chica way: Hysteria faux python leather hobo $48, Accessory Bug. Save 20% off this tote and any other tote when you use coupon code holiday20 at the checkout. Offer ends Jan. 31, 2009.