*** The giveaway is now over. L Higgin emailed me the correct answer. The brand of the shoes were Nine West, and they were $5 on my recent trip to the Goodwil***.
Dress Barn on how to make denim work for your shape.
Hourglass (your shoulders and hips are about the same size and you have a defined waist) :
- Try a leg opening as wide as the thigh to balance out your hips.
- Pick pockets with eye fooling details to shift focus to the back instead of the hips.
- Try low in the front and high in the back styles for more coverage.
- Avoid tapered jeans that accentuate your problem areas.
- Avoid too much distressing around the front pockets.
- Avoid side pockets. They only add inches.
- Try a high waist with bold belt emphasizing the waist, giving an illusion of a curvy figure.
- Try wearing low-rise, stretch jeans that hug the body. Contoured waistbands can create curves.
- Try flap pockets that can give the illusion of a booty.
- Avoid a baggy, boyfriend style. It'll make you look shapeless.
- Avoid styles with a loose waist that emphasize a lack of curves.
- Try a high rise style to pull your tummy up and in.
- Try a darker wash to help hide flaws.
- Avoid a lower rise jean that creates the dreaded "muffin top".
Now giveaway time...
The lovely Sara has sent me a certificate for a free pair of jeans from Dress Barn. Unfortunately, I am unable to use it because I just realized that the closest store to me is an hour away, and I rarely have time to venture out over to that area. Bummer. Look at it this way- my loss is your gain. This giveaway is only for this weekend- I want to mail this out as soon as possible because the certificate expires on 9/30/09. The first person to email the answer this question wins:
On a recent shopping trip, I had to pass on a cute pair of shoes because they didn't fit right . What brand were the shoes and how much did they cost?
This should be easy if you're a regular reader of this blog. It was really recent. Sorry if the question isn't "denim related", I just thought of the first question that came to mind. Giveaway is for US residents only. Good luck! Below is a coupon for 20% off. Print it out and go shopping!
click here to print