I'm very picky when it comes to body lotion. If it doesn't glide well on my skin or if the consistency is very runny, I'm not using it. I've been using Jergens for years and when they came out with the Shea Butter lotion, that was it- no more other brand can do the job when it comes to moisturization (is that even a word?). I buy St. Ives from time to time and they're pretty decent, but the Jergens Shea Butter is my one and only. For the past couple of weeks, I've been putting Suave Advanced Therapy lotion to the test to see if it could moisturize as well, if not better, than my beloved Jergens.
The Test: The consistency is a little thin, but that's okay. It glided well on my skin and didn't feel greasy. I love that it has a fresh clean smell that lasted all day long on my skin. It kept my skin moisturized all day and relieved my dry skin. I liked it. Now, it states that it's "moisturizing relief for severely dry skin". My husband's skin is very dry and he didn't like this lotion. It just didn't do its job for him. I guess it worked better for me because my skin isn't severely dry. I would buy it again- the price is right ($3- $3.50 for 18 oz bottle vs. Jergens about $7- $7.50 for a 21 oz bottle) and it does a good job. Do you use any of Suave's lotions?
Snatch yourself up a few pairs of jeans for only $19 in stores. Kids jeans are also on sale for $12. Select styles only. Sale ends 3-12-09. Check out Old Navy Weekly where they have weekly promotions on different items and "hidden" in-store coupons. I found my coupon- 5% off my purchase. Every little bit helps.
pictured: "Flirt" curvy jeans $19 (on sale)
Well, I am giving away a set of Nubar nail laquers, but it's not the Vineyard Collection. It's a 4 piece set from the French Collection and the set comes with the colors Cupid, White Tip, Cherub, and the Diamont Seal & Shine fast drying top coat. Save money by giving yourself a little french mani for this spring! Oh, and did I mention that Nubar nail lacquers are free of toluene, formaldehyde, and dbp-phtalate? So not only are they fast drying, long wearing, and come in array of cute colors, they are healthier for your nails too! To enter, click here. Contest is open to US residents only. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Contest ends on 3-5-09 11:59 pm EST. Good luck!
Thanks Lisa ☺
- Recreate Lauren Conrad's not-so-boring black ensemble on the cheap [The Budget Babe]
- The Deal Divas found a Stein Mart coupon for 50% off permantly reduced prices! Print it out before Saturday.
- Frugalista asks the question "is Beyonce a frugalista?"
- Is plus-size in? [The Budget Fashionista]
- What's going on with Old Navy and The Gap? [Budget Chic]
- MetroStyle: 40% off your favorite item. Coupon code: MSUPGRADE. Expiration unknown.
- Old Navy: 40% off any one regular priced item. Expires 2-26-09. Hurry!
- Gap: 30% off your purchase (Friends and Family). Valid 3/12- 3/15/09. Can also be used at Old Navy, Gap Outlet, Banana Republic, and Banana Republic Factory Store. US only.
- Handbag Heaven: 20% off everything plus free shipping on orders $50+. Expiration unknown.
- Baghaus: 25% off all bags. Coupon code: FWEEK. Expires 3-1-09
Here is a first look at Christian Siriano's line for Payless as reported by Clutch Magazine. Mr. Fierce will be debuting his line in stores this fall and prices will range from $25-$45. I really like the third shoe at the top and I could see myself buying that pair. Those are haute! What do you think of this shoe collection for Payless? Would you buy them?
Woman in line: *on the phone* "Girl, you wouldn't believe what I've found in Marshalls just now?" A pair of 7 For All Mankind jeans! $20 girl. I got a deal!
I wasn't trying to be nosy or anything (she was talking pretty loud), but the pair of jeans she had in her hand were not 7 For All Mankind. They were Seven7 brand jeans that could be found at Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Sears, etc. Now there's nothing wrong with Seven7 jeans, I love them. I think the fit is great and they have some cute styles. But, don't confuse them with the 7's we've seen plastered on the behinds of many celebs and found in many high end boutiques. They are not the same, they are not affiliated with each other. I remember my fashionista aunt had on a pair of Seven7 jeans that I complimented her on. She told me they were 7FAM until I saw the Seven7 logo on the back of them. She swore up and down that they were from the same company. Ok, if you say so. Now, someone mentioned to me that they've seen 7FAM jeans at Stein Mart for about $100, so if you want to score a pair, check to see if your local store has them. Not necessarily in a Cheap Chica's budget, but hey, I guess it's better than paying $200+ for a pair of jeans.
That is all.
Suavenomics: Parts 2a and 2b. Nexxus shampoo and conditioner vs. Suave Humectant shampoo and conditioner
my hair last week
- BOGO 50% off Rimmel cosmetics with CVS card
- BOGO 50% off Physicians Formula cosmetics with CVS card
- BOGO 50% off Sally Hansen products with CVS card
- 40% off Sally Hansen lip or nail care
- BOGO free Rimmel face or eye cosmetics
- BOGO free L'Oreal lipcolor or nail polish
- BOGO free L'Oreal HIP cosmetics
- BOGO 50% off Maybelline foundation, concealer, powder, or blush.
- BOGO free Maybelline cosmetics
- V05 shampoo or conditioner $0.79
- BOGO 50% off Physician's Formula cosmetics
- BOGO 50% off Almay Pure Blends makeup and Bright Eyes makeup
- BOGO 50% off Wet N' Wild cosmetics
- BOGO free Jane cosmetics
- BOGO 50% off L'Oreal HIP cosmetics
click image to enlarge
Lucky Magazine's March 2009 issue feautures a beautiful floral chiffon top in their "Fashion Calculator" section. Can you believe this beautiful top is from KMart? Yes, the Big K. The last time I spotted some really cute pieces for spring. I took some on my trusty camera phone.
sorry for the crappiness of the pics. I provided the links to the items below.
- striped bow top $17
- silk ruffle blouse $22.49. This top is really cute in person
- canvas ruffle jacket $20.24
- Olivia Palermo's sassy, shiny outfit recreated on the cheap [Budget Fashion Report]
- Shoulder pads. Are they back? [Deal Divas]
- Michael Kors talks about recession fashion [The Frugalista Files]
- BB asks the question "fierce or tranny" for these Alice+Olivia for Payless platforms [The Budget Babe]
- Splurge vs. steal South of France chic [Fab Finds Under $50]
- Free sample of Starbucks instant coffee ***update- samples no longer available***
- Free sample of Tide Total Care. If you haven't tried this laundry detergent, you should. This by far has got to be the best laundry detergent I've used in my life.
- Huggies Soft Skin baby wipes with shea butter sample pack
- NY & Co.: $20 off $60 or more purchase. Expires 2-24-09
- Barnes and Noble: 10% off any one item. Expires 3-13-09
- Ulta: 20% off any one item. Expires 3-10-09
- Victoria's Secret: Free Beauty Rush lip gloss with any purchase. Expires 2-28-09
"Tori" and "Trista" beaded thong sandals, both by Xhiliration $19.99