[video via Crunk and Disorderly]
- Dots: $10 off any purchase (must take survey)
- Shopbop: 25% off all regular priced handbags. Coupon code: ARMCANDY. Expires today (4-29-09)
- Urban Outfitters: 15% off orders $100 or more. Coupon code: SUNNY15. Expires 5-12-09
- Hot Topic: $15 off $75 or more purchase. Coupon code: HTSHOP09. Expires 5-10-09
- Newport News: 15% off your purchase. Coupon code: 684. Expires 5-1-09
- Piperlime: 20% off summer espadrilles. Coupon code: SUMMERFUN. Expires 5-11-09
I've had a hectic past couple of weeks, with vacation, a manuscript deadline, and work matters, but I'm settling back in. I hope all you fabulous readers are well. Of course I snuck in some time to shop. My latest accessory obsession is rings. I love big chunky ones, with interesting shapes. Here are a couple I purchased from Macys:
I found the black one first, and once I realized it was an additional 20% off with my Macy's card, I grabbed the pink one. The gold one was from Target, another clearance deal. I've been wanting flower rings since I first saw them on Lipstick Jungle.
While in Macy's I saw this pretty silver ring:
It was $95, totally not in my budget. But on a trip to Walmart, I remembered a friend telling me they had cute accessories. Low and behold, I found this ring for only $8.88!
Not exactly the same, but close enough! And at a fraction of the cost? Gotta love it.
So these are the latest additions to my ring collection. Until Big decided to give me an engagement ring, I'll be rocking these pretties on my ring fingers. LOL. In other jewelry news, I am craving a sweet charm bracelet, so I'm on the hunt!
- Chrissie Miller: fashion designer and founder of the Sophomore apparel brand
- Faythallegra Coleman: emerging Brooklyn-based filmmaker and writer
- Dani Stahl: style director for Nylon magazine, jewelry designer and “IT” girl
- Lara Meiland-Shaw: co-founder of a Lara Hélène Bridal Atelier and philanthropist
To find out more about each girls' story, log onto www.cwtv.com/dovegofresh at the end of tonight's episode of Gossip Girl. Also, Dove is coming out with the Go Fresh Burst collection. I'm totally in love with the Go Fresh Engergize body wash and spray mist, so I can't wait to try out the new Go Fresh Burst products, especially if the scent is nectarine and white ginger. Refreshing!
Okay Chicas, time for another giveaway! This week's giveway is brought to you by the lovely folks over at BeautyTicket.com! Yesterday, I told you that this is the destination for bargain beauty, bringing you brands such as Stila, Joey New York, Smashbox- all at amazing prices. To enter this contest, all you have to do is tell me what brand(s) you would like to see at BeautyTicket.com in the comments. When you're done posting your comment, email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name and a valid email address so that I can contact you in case you're the winnner. Anonymous comments won't be accepted. Winner will be chosen at random . Contest will end on 4-30-09 (Thurday) at 11:59 PM EST, so all comments need to be posted by then. Any comments after that will not be accepted. Winner will be announced on 5-1-09 (Friday). Good luck!
Don't forget the 10% off discount. Just enter THECHEAPCHICA at the checkout!
It has come to my attention that some of you aren't following directions. When you post a comment here, it must be about what brands you want to see at Beauty Ticket. After you're done posting your comment, you need to email with your email address so I can contact you if you win.
photo source #1, #2
By now, we've all seen the infamous Balmain jacket that Ms. Beyonce was rocking a couple weeks ago. Oh, the price tag on that bad boy. Over $11,000. Ouch! I found a vest from Target's Go International collection that's kind of borrows its inspiration from Balmain (not dead on, but close), and a it's a lot easier on the pocketbook.
Go International bandleader vest $35
China Glaze 6-piece "Operation Colour" nail polish $17.99 (MSRP $45)
Smashbox Hybrid 2-in-1 lipgloss in "Marigold" $6.99 (MSRP $18)
Too Faced eyeshadow duo in "Steel Magnolias" $8.99 (MSRP $18)
- Mizani Moisturfusion sample (must take small survey)
- Free subscription to Dime magazine
- Nivea Touch of Happiness body wash sample
- Axe Just Clean shampoo sample
- Aveeno Nourish hair care sample
- John Frieda Root Awakenings sample
- Free pair of sunglasses from Charlotte Russe. Starting May 5, 2009, bring the June 2009 cover of Seventeen or a printout of the seventeen.com homepage to any participating Charlotte Russe store to receive a pair of sunglasses (approximate retail value: $6). Ten thousand (10,000) will be given away. One per person. Giveaway ends June 8, 2009. While supplies last. Once all sunglasses are distributed, there will be no substitute product given away.
Have you been to The Cube lately?
- The Limited: $15 off $50 or more purchase. Expires 5-2-09
- Avelle (Bag, Borrow, or Steal): $25 discount on rental items (new customers only). Coupon code: 25DOLLARS. Expires 5-13-09
- Wet Seal: Buy 1 Get 1 50% off All Dresses at wetseal.com! Ends 4.28.09
- Old Navy: 20% off $75 or more when you use your Old Navy charge card. Coupon code: STUFF75. Expires 4-30-09
- Gordman's: 20% off any single item. Expires 5-2-09
- Saks.com: Free shipping on all orders. Coupon code: APRSHIP9. Expires 4-28-09
You have a few short hours to enter this week's giveaway. A winner will be announced tomorrow.
you may need to click on the link below to watch the video
Get Glam TV 2.04-Celebrity Apprentice Beauty & Brain Claudia Jordan on “CHIConomics” from Sarah Nean Bruce on Vimeo.
After I did my post on the knock-off Chanel floral jelly sandals, I decided I wanted a pair for the beach. I found a pair from Walmart for $7. I also bought these plaid sandals for $6.
Now, all I need to do is visit the nail salon for that much needed pedicure, and I'm good to go. Are you ready for sandal season?
Thank you Penny Pinching Diva for this coup.
Photo courtesy of target.com
The fit is so nice, the bottom flairs out slightly. I tried it on today, with the brown cork heels I just bought last week, along with this clutch I snagged from Target last year..I think the look together is SO Carrie Bradshaw. The coat was 30% off. . . $27.98 from $34.99. I usually wait for 50% to 75% off, but in the true spirit of my Clearance Commandments, I knew my size wouldn't be there if I waited, plus I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow afternoon, and this will be perfect for strolling down the streets of NY with my very own Mr. Big. Gotta love it.
Since I'm not good at coming up with trivia questions, all you have to do is enter here. Contest ends on 4-22-09 11:59 PM EST, and is open to US residents only. Must be 18 years or over to enter. Winner will be randomly chosen. Good luck!
Check out the lovely selection over at Finders Keepers. Buy yourself something special and use coupon code INSPIRED at the checkout for a 10% discount on your order.
- Buy 2, get 1 free women's clearance apparel @ Target. Expires 4-18-09
- JC Penney: $10 off $50 or more. Coupon code: WMNSIG5. Expires 4-18-09
- Hot Topic: 15% off $30 or more purchase. Coupon code: APRMP1. Expires 4-30-09
- Bebe: 15% off your purchase. Expires 4-26-09
- Off Saks Fifth Avenue: 25% off your purchase. Expires 4-19-09
- Piperlime: 15% off $175 or more purchase. Coupon code: SAVE. Expires 5-31-09
- Victoria's Secret: 25% off any single item. Coupon code: SAV25. Expires 4-19-09
- Handbag Heaven: 15% off your order. No coupon needed. Expiration unknown
- Payless BOGO - Buy One Get One Half Off Everything while supplies last. Expires 5-4-09
Beyonce pic via InStyle
- plaid shirt $40, Delia's
- skinny jeans $30, Charlotte Russe
- suspenders $15, Amazon
- pumps $30, Target
- bracelets $7, Forever 21
- sunglasses $6, Forever 21
GRAND TOTAL= $128
I have a few subscriptions to some major magazines- Glamour, Cosmo, Marie Claire, yada yada, but I think I need to add All You Magazine to the list. I didn't really pay attention to All You until earlier this year, and now I pick it up everytime I go to Wally World. All You is geared toward the value-driven consumer and it offers great affordable and pratical solutions for every area of life. One thing I really like about the magazine is that if has a LOT of coupons. This month's coupons have a total savings of over $51 (I've featured a few of them a couple of weeks ago) and the May issue has a total savings of over $89. Lots of savings indeed. Other articles of interest in the April issue:
- Tips for making your clothes last longer
- How to go green and save money at home
- designer spring looks for bargain prices
- Salon and spa experience recreated at home
- The top swap sites and how to use them
All You can be found only at Walmart or by subscription. Do you read All You?
It's official. I ♥ Kmart now. Ever since I bought my floral skirt a few weeks ago, I've been scoring some really cute items from there. While I was out Sunday, I stopped in and found a couple of things- like this maxi dress and a striped tunic. I also found a purple patent clutch for $1.99, too. Maybe they finally got the hint that they needed to upgrade their apparel department, lol. Here are some items I've found on the website that I may add to my spring wardrobe.
- I love this coat. Perfect for a breezy spring day. Car coat $20 (on sale, reg. $40)
- Python is the go-to print in accessories for this season. It goes with just about anything, so you can update a whole lot of pieces you already have for less. I'm feeling these python flats from the Attention brand- only $19.
- I told you maxi dresses and maxi skirts were going to be my uniforms this spring. Looks like I'm going to add this to the collection, lol. Beaded strap maxi dress $40
- I love the vibrant colors in this skirt. Talk about adding a pop of color, this adds a lot. floral skirt $25
- Esprit: 20% off your purchase. Expires 4-30-09
- Lord and Taylor: 15% off any purchase. Expires 4-21-09
- Express: 15% off your purchase. Expires 4-14-09
- Rite Aid: $5 off $25 or more. Expires 4-30-09
- Old Navy: 30% off new arrivals when you spend $150 or more. Coupon code: NEW30. Expires 4-9-09. Hurry!
- Target: $0.75 off two Suave Professionals shampoos and conditioners. Expires 5-16-09.
It's snowing in April, what part of the game is that? I didn't have much work to do today, and my mother is going to Arizona for a week long vacation, so I decided to hit up Gabriel Brothers with her today for some last minute shopping. For those of you who don't know, Gabriel Brothers (or Gabe's) is affiliated with Rugged Warehouse. They're both stores that sell deeply discounted items from various department stores. Here are my finds: BTW,excuse the quality of these pics. . .I used my Blackberry because my camera wasn't around
Heart/Bow Earrings $2.99
$4.99 I love the colors of this purse, I can see it with a full skirt in the summer time. The detail is lovely. According to the tag it was originally from Charlotte Russe.
I got 2 pairs of Anne Michelle shoes. I think these were my favorite purchases of the day.
The bottom pair looks lilac, but they're really gray. The brown were $6.99 and the gray were marked down to $7
I remember seeing this dress at Anne Taylor last summer. It was marked $24.99 but Gabe's marked all Anne Taylor $9.99 today.
I think the print of this skirt is crazy. The main reason I purchased it was because it matches a tank that I bought, as well as a necklace I have somewhere.
I'm on the full skirt bandwagon. I love the colors in this skirt. I'm picturing it with my bright yellow cardigan from Old Navy for starters.