Friend: I'm going to return this top
Me: Didn't you have that on the other night?
Friend: Yeah, but I'm broke. I need money for gas.
Me: I don't think they're going to give you your money back if the tag's not on it.
Friend: OH THEY WILL GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK! I'LL MAKE A SCENE!
At that point, I left the issue alone. When we got to the store, she lied and said that the top never had a tag on it to begin with, so they refunded her money with no problem (she did have her receipt). Lucky for me, she didn't have to cause a scene because that would've been embarrassing.
I never returned worn items before. It has crossed my mind a time or two, but I'd feel bad about it if I did it. When I worked in retail, I saw it happen all of the time. There was this one customer who would constantly come in and return worn stuff- no tags, smelled kind of funky, etc. When the manager told her that the return couldn't be accepted, the customer always threatened to call the district manager, so the store manager ends up giving her money back. Wow. Do you or have you ever returned worn clothing? Discuss.
- Old Navy: 15% off and free shipping on orders $75 or more. Coupon code: ONPLUS15. Expires 10-8-09
- Walgreens: $5 off $25 or more purchase. Expires 9-30-09
- Ulta: 20% off any one item. Expires 10-14-09
- H&M: $15 off $100 purchase. Expires 10-5-09
- Bakers Shoes: Buy one suede boot,shoe or handbag, get a second suede item for 25% off. No coupon needed. Expiration unknown.
- The Body Shop: Receive one free coconut body scrub with $20 or more purchase. Coupon code: COCONUT. Expires 10-1-09
- bebe: 15% off $100 or more purchase. Coupon code: 15OFF100. Expires 10-4-09
- Wet Seal: Take an additional 30% off clearance (items ending in .99). Expiration unknown.
Well, I'm off to do my weekend stuff. Enjoy some posts from some of my fave bloggers!
- For everyone looking for boots to fit your wide calves, Ms. Kimberly has found them for you. [Fab Finds Under $50]
- The Deal Divas cover Tampa Fashion Week
- The Budget Babe finds cute sweaters at TJ Maxx
- What do you think of I ♥ Ronson's fall 09' collection? Budget Chic has pics.
- Don't know what to wear to a wedding? College Fashion has three style ideas to help you with your what-to-wear conundrum
- Cheap Jap shows us how to wear lingerie in public. Yes, it can be done.
 Hypnotic Dorothy Platform Pumps $24.99;  Lela Rose for Payless cobalt ballet flats $29.99;  suede pumps, about $48, Dorothy Perkins;  Lela Rose for Payless "Mallory" bootie $34.99 (no longer available online, check your local store);  Steve Madden "Kerrin" sandal $49.90 (on sale), Nordstrom
You know how the old saying goes, "if it's good, it ain't cheap, and if it's cheap, it ain't good". Well, that saying doesn't ring true for everything. As you know, I don't spend a lot of money on nail polish. I love to experiment with trendy colors, so I don't spend a lot on them. The most I've ever spent on a bottle of nail polish was about $6. Yeah, I'm cheap. I soon realized that the cheap brands of topcoat I was using just didn't keep my manicures fresh. After about a day or so, my polish was chipping off really bad. Not a good look. Then, I decided to try a more expensive, well known brand name topcoat. I figured the more it cost, the better staying power my nail color had, right? Well, my manicures went an extra day or so without chipping, but my nails weren't as shiny as I want them to be. Then I discovered Wet N Wild's Mega Last Quick Dry Ultra Gloss top coat. My search has ended. For a measly $2, this topcoat packs shine and my manicures last- chip free- for well over a week. This is now my go-to topcoat.
these are my nails as of today (9/23). I did them on Friday.
What brand of topcoat do you swear by?
*Save 20% off shoes and handbags by entering coupon code TREAT at the checkout. Offer ends 9-23-09.*
Well today marks the first day of fall, and I can't wait until it finally cools down so I can start my fall shopping. On my shopping list so far are a pair of over the knee boots, a leather (or pleather) moto jacket, and a cute pair of booties.
- Sally Beauty: $5 off $25 or more purchase. Expires 12-31-09
- Stein Mart: 20% off any one children's item. Expires 9-27-09
- Sephora: Pick a free skincare sample kit with any order. Coupon code: 123SKIN. Expires 9-30-09
- Pac Sun: 15% off $75 or more purchase. Coupon code: FALLISHERE. Expires 9-30-09
- Victoria's Secret: Free shipping on $100 or more purchase. Coupon code: FREE100. Expires 10-20-09
- Kohls: 15% off your purchase. Coupon code: FALL15. Expires today (9/23)
- Arden B: Free shipping on all orders. No coupon necessary. Expires 9-28-09
(l)- (r): buttoned jacket $37.80, Forever 21; velvet military jacket $29.99, Spiegel; black jacket $24.80, Forever 21; cropped jacket $39.92- $43.92, Alloy; purple military jacket $69.50, Victoria's Secret. Although this one is over $50, I feautered it because I love the color and the detail.
Attention all coupon clippers!
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October, Procter & Gamble has teamed up with the National Breast Cancer Foundation to launch GIVE HOPE, a program designed to increase women's chances of survival from the deadly disease through early detection. A special edition of the P&G brandSAVER coupons will be in next Sunday's (Sept. 27) newspaper. For every coupon redeemed, a two cent donation will be made to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. The donations will be used by the NBCF to fund education programs across the country.
Also, brands from P&G such as Tide, Bounce, Swiffer, Venus, and Downy will introduce special edition pink products in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. These special edition products will hit shelves in October.
Visit www.mypinkplan.com for more info on breast cancer prevention and awareness.
(l)-(r): thigh high architectural boot $42.90, Go Jane (Cheap Chica reader, Veronica just bought these same boots from Make Me Chic. She loves them) flat suede boot $42, Love My Shoes; Hudson boot $42.90, Alloy; Mossimo "Kaley" cuffed boots $34.99; buckled thigh high boot $35.25, Make Me Chic; studded buckle boot $33.10, Go Jane
- Get a free 10mL bottle of Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener from your local Aveda. Just print out this page. Offer ends 9/30/09.
- Narciso Rodriguez Essence fragrance sample
- Click on this link to receive a free tan from Hollywood Tans (first time customers only). Current customers will receive one free upgrade.
- Free Mizani Butter Rich, Coconut Soufflé and Gloss Veil Shine Spray sample.
- Free sample of SoftSheen-Carson Roots of Nature.
- Get two free preview issues of People StyleWatch
No stranger to the red carpet, Kimmy K attended the Whiteout movie premiere in this simple but chic ensemble. The red lip makes it extra sexy, don't cha' think? Cheap Chica reader, Veronica, inquired about a cheaper version of Ms. Kardashian's Rag & Bone moto leggings. I found them at Bebe, but honey, they're not cheap. Maybe Forever 21 will have a cheaper version in another month or so. I still managed to recreate Kim's outfit for under $200 with pieces from Old Navy, Payless, and Forever 21.
What do you think of Lauren's clothing line?
- Old Navy: 20% off any women's purchase of $100 or more purchase. Coupon code: SAVE20. Expires 9-24-09
- The Limited: $15 off every $50 you spend. Expires 10-5-09
- Gap Outlet: 10% off your purchase. Expires 9-24-09
- Payless: 15% off your purchase. Expires 10-2-09
- Sephora: 10% off your purchase (for Beauty Insiders). Expires 9-30-09
- Dots: $10 off $30 or more purchase. Expires 9-20-09
I did notice that my store is starting to get some fall items, and the pieces that I'm seeing are really cute. I can't wait until it cools down! I snapped a few pics of some items I liked. I didn't take many because a sales associate walked up to me and told me that I couldn't take pics of the merchandise.
- dress $5, Goodwill
- belt $9, Charlotte Russe
- sandals $10, Walmart
- bracelets $1 each, fleamarket
Dress Barn on how to make denim work for your shape.
Hourglass (your shoulders and hips are about the same size and you have a defined waist) :
- Try a leg opening as wide as the thigh to balance out your hips.
- Pick pockets with eye fooling details to shift focus to the back instead of the hips.
- Try low in the front and high in the back styles for more coverage.
- Avoid tapered jeans that accentuate your problem areas.
- Avoid too much distressing around the front pockets.
- Avoid side pockets. They only add inches.
- Try a high waist with bold belt emphasizing the waist, giving an illusion of a curvy figure.
- Try wearing low-rise, stretch jeans that hug the body. Contoured waistbands can create curves.
- Try flap pockets that can give the illusion of a booty.
- Avoid a baggy, boyfriend style. It'll make you look shapeless.
- Avoid styles with a loose waist that emphasize a lack of curves.
- Try a high rise style to pull your tummy up and in.
- Try a darker wash to help hide flaws.
- Avoid a lower rise jean that creates the dreaded "muffin top".
The lovely Sara has sent me a certificate for a free pair of jeans from Dress Barn. Unfortunately, I am unable to use it because I just realized that the closest store to me is an hour away, and I rarely have time to venture out over to that area. Bummer. Look at it this way- my loss is your gain. This giveaway is only for this weekend- I want to mail this out as soon as possible because the certificate expires on 9/30/09. The first person to email the answer this question wins:
This should be easy if you're a regular reader of this blog. It was really recent. Sorry if the question isn't "denim related", I just thought of the first question that came to mind. Giveaway is for US residents only. Good luck! Below is a coupon for 20% off. Print it out and go shopping!
If you happen to come across an October 2009 issue of Seventeen magazine, you will find that there's a coupon in it for $10 off any juniors' apparel purchase from Sears. The best thing about this coupon is that there's no minimum purchase! You can also use this offer online by using coupon code 17SEARSAPPAREL at the checkout. The coupon is good from 9/15- 11/14/09 in the US only.
P.S.- This is only a scan of the coupon toshow you how it looks. Don't attempt to print it out and use it. You have to have the actual coupon.
***UPDATE*** There is a printable version of this coupon. Click here to get it!
This was a GREAT weekend of shopping for me. I had projects for work, but I still made time to get some laundry done, spend time with the sweetie, and write. Next to the laundrymat there was a Payless, so while my clothes got clean, I checked out the BOGO. Look at my finds.
2 pairs of shoes for about $25...gotta love it.
Then I found 2 cute scarves for $2 each, and a pair of earrings at a store called Joyce Leslie. They sell women's clothes and are located in NJ, NY, CT, and PA. I absolutely love the scarves because of all the colors in them. Accessorizing will be a breeze with these...plus they are long which will allow me to wrap them in different ways.
And the earrings...
Sears had a really nice labor day sale. There was clearance of up to 85% off, with an additional 40% off. I bought a this flowery cardigan because I looooooooove cardigans in the fall, and because it reminded me of a rosy cardigan that Kasmira rocked a couple weeks back. I plan on pairing mine with a simple tank and jeans, or maybe my denim dress.
Here's a closeup of the print. With the bright pink, it's funky and girly at the same time.
Alright ladies, that's what I got. I hope your finds were as fabulous as mines. Have a great week, it's almost over!
- H&M (Canada): Buy any two items and receive 20% off the highest priced item. Expires 9-13-09
- Charlotte Russe: Take 40% off all regular price Kitson LA styles for 5 days. Valid 9/8 thru 9/12!
- Gap Outlet: 15% off $75 or more purchase when you use your Visa card. Expires 9-30-09
- Sally Beauty: $5 off $25 or more. Expires 9-30-09
- YOOX: Free shipping on all orders. Expires 9-13-09. No coupon needed.
- Old Navy: Free shipping on orders $50 or more. Coupon code: SHIP50. Expires 9-10-09
- Tilly's: 20% off one item. Coupon code: SCHOOL20. Expires 9-11-09
- Karmaloop: 20% off regular and sale priced items. Coupon code: APLUS. Expires 9-30-09
- NY & Co.:$20 off $75 or more purchase. Coupon code: 3696. Expires 9-30-09
- Akira Chicago: Today only (9/8)- 30% off any item. Coupon code: FLASHSALE30. Ends today