Thanks so much!- Leslie
Thanks so much!- Leslie
photo via InStyle
Rachel adds a feminine touch to her laid back outfit with a Juicy Couture ruffled cardigan. Check out my re-creation of her outfit with pieces totaling to a little bit less than her cardigan alone.
l-r: knit leggings $8.80 and bangle $5.80, Forever 21; A-line top $21.99, Charlotte Russe; mini skirt $38, Arden B; vest $22.80, Forever 21
- Forever 21- Free shipping ( I believe there is no minimum, but I will update and let you know). 11/30 only! ***update*** enter code CYBERMONDAY at the checkout to receive free shipping. There is definitely no minimum.
- Wet Seal- 20% off your entire purchase, plus free standard shipping for orders $15 or more. 11/30 only!
- Charlotte Russe: Cyber Monday-11/30 only, take 25% off site-wide at CharlotteRusse.com! Plus, spend $60 or more and shipping is free! Promo Code:MONDAY25
- Steve Madden- 25% off plus free shipping. Coupon code: MADDEN25. Good until 12/7/09
- Famous Footwear- 20% off any order. Coupon code: CYBER09. 11/30 only!
- Macy's- Free shipping on orders $75 or more. Coupon code: CYBER. Valid 11/29-11/30/09
- Tilly's- $5 off all sweaters and hoodies. Coupon code: CYBER09. 11/30 only!
- 6pm.com: 70% off Cole Haan footwear. Valid 11/30- 12/6/09
For more Cyber Monday deals, click here. Happy shopping!
For those of you who braved the Black Friday crowds today, I'm curious to know what you bought.
click on image to shop
If you're going to do some Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping, stop by Ruche to check out all of the hot new goodies! Get 15% off your purchase by using the above coupon code at the checkout.
- NY & Co.: 50% off everything, including sale items. Valid 11/25 - 11/30. Online only.
- Charlotte Russe: 25% off all clothing and accessories in stores and online. Shoppers will receive a limited edition snakeskin print wallet with an in-store purchase of $40 or more, while supplies last. Also on Friday, Charlotte Russe outlet stores only are offering an additional 10% off from 6-10 a.m.
- Wet Seal: Free standard shipping on orders $15 or more. Valid 11/26- 12/18/09
- White House Black Market: 20% off entire order, including free shipping with coupon code 8954. Valid 11-27-09 only!
- Old Navy: All adult jeans and adult sweaters $15 (select styles only). Valid only on 11/27/09
- 6pm.com: Nine West footwear and accessories $9.95. Starts 11/27, not sure when the promotion ends.
Allen B by Allen Schwartz dress $5. I love the colors in this dress!
J Crew City Fit trouser jeans $6. The best fitting jeans that I own.
opaque over the knee tights $2
My area's Goodwill organization held a "So You Think You're Thrifty" contest a few months back, and they've crowned the winner about a month ago (I know I'm late). Congrats to Amy Burns! Check out her video below (this is her finalist video before she was crowned the winner), where she finds a lot of cute stuff on her Goodwill hunting.
I should've entered that contest, maybe I could've won
Deal alert: Save 20% off, plus free shipping on any order at Baghaus! Use coupon code THANKS at the checkout. Offer ends 11-29-09.
- Charlotte Russe: Buy one pair of jeans at regular price, get the second for just $10 through Wednesday, 11/25.
- NY & Co.: $35 off $75 or more purchase. Coupon code: 4343. Expires 11-24-09
- bebe: 15% off $100 purchase. Expires 12-24-09
- Gap: 20% off your purchase. Expires 1-30-10
- Old Navy: 15% off $75 or 25% off $100. Coupon code: ONSAVE15. Expires 11-24-09
- E.L.F.: $1.98 Shipping Storewide! Use coupon SH198BF through 11/29
- Dots: $15 off $50 or more purchase. Expires 11-22-09
- Liz Claiborne: 20% off your purchase. Expires 11-30-09
- Shoes.com: 15% off your purchase. Coupon code: FALL. Expires 11-30-09
- Ann Taylor Loft: 30% off your entire purchase. Expires 11-22-09
- The Limited: $15 off $50 or more purchase. Expires 12-1-09
- Avenue: $10 off $50 or more. Expires 11-30-09
- Urban Outfitters: 2 for $20 on select tights.
Betsy, I found a budget friendly for under $30! Check them out below.
Hello, I need your help! I am having a 30th birthday party, and I want to wear a hot pink dress, but I am having a hard time finding an affordable one. Can you please help me?
Happy birthday in advance, Keisha! I can't believe I had a hard time with this one. I didn't want to pick dresses that were too formal, and I didn't want to pick dresses that were too casual, so here are a few dresses that I've found that you may like- all under $50. Add funky accessories like a zebra clutch or a studded belt and you're all set! Again, happy birthday and enjoy your party!
(l)- (r): Xhilaration bubble dress $20.98, Target; bow one shoulder dress, $45.70, ASOS; pleat front dress $26.50, Wet Seal; ASOS cut out sleeve dress $32.90
Cheapalicious divas, were there any hot pink dresses out there that I missed? Help a sista out and help her with more choices!
My local Target has some really cute clearance items right now. I talked to my sister and a couple other folks, and apparently a lot of other Targets have some pretty good markdowns. I snagged these 2 very cute boho dresses for 75% off ($7.49 each) and they're still $24.99 on the website, gotta love it...
(l) to (r): Geneva front zip boot $49.99; Micola zipper flat (also available in gold) $29.99; Bianca large tote (not available online) $39.99; Elisa strippy sandal $29.99; Carolina pump (sold out online) $34.99; Lisa large satchel (not available online) $34.99
I cut down my shopping tremendously this year. At one point I was shopping about 3-4 times per week (I know, bad girl), but now it's down to once a week, maybe two. What about you?
Is it once a week? Once a month? Once a year (I don't think I could go that long, lol)? Or, do you shop numerous times per week?
- Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic: 30% off your purchase (Friends and Family Event). Valid 11/12- 11/15/09
- Beauty Ticket: 15% off all gift sets and kits. Coupon code: GIFT15. Expires 12-15-09
- Ulta: Get ten free samples with purchase of $35 or more. No coupon needed. Expires 11-14-09
- PacSun: Take an additional 30% off already reduced items. No coupon needed. Expires 11-20-09
- Loehmanns: 20% off any single clearance item. Expires 11-10-09. Hurry!
- Ralph Lauren Polo (factory store): 20% off your purchase. Expires 11-18-09
- Stride Rite: 20% off your entire footwear purchase. Expires 11-15-09
- Arden B: 15% off your entire purchase (Friends and Family). Valid 11/16- 11/17/09
This week in stores only, the Xhilaration bomber jackets are on sale for $19.99 (reg. $29.99) at Target. Hopefully my local store has these jackets in the toffee color and in my size, because you know I'm still on the hunt for a cognac colored jacket.
"Designed to restore chemically treated hair's natural velvety shine and spledor as the unique formula contains cocoa butter and Brazil nut oils to revitalize and restore moisture. The alluring chocolate fragrance is also a special treat for those looking for a little extra self-indulgence."
Chocolat Creamy Shampoo $6.49
What it claims: Gently cleanses while moisturizing and protecting the hair shaft from further damage caused by sunlight and chemical treatments.
Rating 3/5: The shampoo lathered pretty good and cleansed my hair really well, but that's it. As far as moisturizing goes, it did nothing for my hair. I was expecting some softness to my hair, but it felt like wet straw afterwards.
Chocolat Cream Mask $6.99
What it claims: For a deep penetrating action with lasting results, the Chocolat Cream Mask is the ultimate conditioning experience providing a deep and restorative conditioning to hair damaged by the harsh elements or chemical treatments. For best results, use weekly by massaging a generous portion into your hair and leave on for twenty minutes before rinsing.
Rating 4/5: After I shampooed, I applied the deep conditioning mask to my hair and left it on for about an hour instead of the twenty minutes that it instructs. After I rinsed, my hair was soft, but not as soft as I'm used to getting as I do with my ORS Olive Oil Replenishing conditioner. Maybe I could tweak it a bit by adding coconut or olive oil to it for more moisture.
Chocolat Anti-frizz Therma Active $7.49
What it claims: Formulated to reduce frizz, the Chocolat Special Anti-Frizz is activated upon styling with a blow dryer or straightening iron. Simply apply evenly on wet hair before styling to activate.
Rating 5/5: I really like this product! It totally smoothed my hair and it remained smooth for about a week. I didn't even have to flat iron my hair to get the sleek look, loves it!
Overall, the products were okay. They weren't bad, but they weren't the best either. The Anti-Frizz cream is definitely a keeper for me, but the rest of the products I'll probably use for back-ups in case I run out of any of my staple products. The prices are affordable, so even if you decide to try it for yourself and your hair doesn't agree with it, at least you didn't spend a ton of money on it. I will do a review of the Chocolat Shake conditioner on my next wash day so stay tuned.
Have you tried the Chocolat Special line from nuNaat yet? What product(s) did you try and what was your experience?
- Free sample of Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Sun-Damage Daily Eye Cream SPF 15
- Free sample of Tropical Breeze for Him fragrance
- Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging body wash sample
- Free Beauty Rush lip gloss when you get fitted for a bra at Victoria's Secret. Offer ends 11-15-09
- Free sample of Dove Intense Damage Therapy
cinch belt $1.59
sheer floral top $1.75 (half off $3.49)
dress/tunic $4.99. It's supposed to be a dress, but I'm going to wear it as a tunic because it's kind of too short on me. This would look cute with a pair of black skinny pants and my Madden Girl booties I got from Marshall's.
satin puff sleeve blouse $3.49
sleeveless floral top $1.75 (half off $3.49)
Not bad for less than $20, and I'm very pleased with my items. This is my new "hole in the wall" Goodwill, and I'll check back often to see if I could find more goodies.