If you're a Res fan like I am, head on over to her site and download a copy of her new album, Black. Girls. Rock! This album is on constant rotate in my mp3 player right now. Beautiful music indeed! Enjoy!
Here's a throwback from when Res first came onto the music scene. "Golden Boys" is still a favorite of mine.
- Stein Mart: 30% off all red dot and clearance. Expires 1-3-10
- Banana Republic Factory Store: 15% off your entire purchase. Expires 1-31-10
- JC Penney: $10 off $50 or more purchase. Expires 1-10-10
- Urban Outfitters: All women's jeans $39. No coupon needed. Expires 1-10-10
- Lord & Taylor: 20% off all sale and clearance. Coupon code: AFTER. Expires 1-3-10
- PacSun: All jeans BOGO free. Expires 1-7-10. No coupon needed.
- Inhabit NY: 20% off sale items. Coupon code: SNOW. Expires 1-8-10
- Chadwick's: Free black cardigan with $20 or more purchase. Coupon code: CHADGIFT. Expires 12-31-09
Well, 2009 will be out of here in a few more days. My, has this year flown by! I think I did pretty well with all of my 2009 resolutions with the exception of resolution #1. I still don't know how to sew, but Mr. Cheapalicious is learning so he could get his auto upholstery business going next year (yay!). As far as resolutions for 2010, I really haven't thought about it much. All I want is for the coming year to be better than past years. That's all.
Just in time for Christmas, an agency representing YMI Jeans sent me a pair of their Extreme denim leggings to review. Since I was too sick to actually wear them anywhere, I wore them around the house just for this review.
What I liked about them: When I took these bad boys out of the packaging, I just knew they weren't going to fit. They looked really small! I usually shy away from small looking jeans, but once they got over my hips, I was a-okay. As tight as they are (hello, they're denim leggings), they didn't cut off my circulation. They're actually pretty comfortable and I can move in them. They are made with a special weave that allows them to form to any figure. I also liked that I can tuck them down in a pair of boots or booties without the help of some kind of contraption to keep them from bunching up.
What I didn't like about them: Okay, do you see that bootay shot below? Do you see the small pockets that make my butt look more huge than it already is? That's what I don't like about them. Since I'll be wearing tunics with these jeans, the size of the pockets won't matter, but I will not wear these jeans with a top shorter than tunic length. I really don't care for the fading on the back either, but I can deal with that.
With the exception of the small pockets and the fading on the back, I really like these jeans. The length is perfect for me (these are a 32" inseam), I love the wash of the jeans (the color I'm wearing is Ocean Blue), and they can definitely be dressed up or down. I can see myself pairing these with a cute tunic and flats for a weekend look, or throw on a long tank, blazer, and killer heels for a night on the town. They will fit quite well into my wardrobe.
Want a pair? Snag them for $38 at YMI, or win a pair from YMI's Facebook contest. Contest ends on 1-4-10.
[l]- [r]: studded messenger bag $38; sequined tunic $32; zipper ankle booties $40; chunky mixed chain necklace $20; girlfriend blazer $48
Right now, save 25% off your entire purchase with coupon code CHEAPALICIOUS. Offer ends 1-31-10.
Not stealing them, buying them. Lawrinowicz, who worked the overnight at the Cheektowaga location on Walden Avenue, helped unload a shipment of the hot holiday toy at the start of his shift around 11 p.m. Before leaving for the day at 5 a.m. the next morning, he and six other employees lined up to buy a few of the plush hamsters each. Overnight employees are allowed to make purchases during the company’s off hours.
None of the workers bought more than the limit of four Zhu Zhu Pets per customer. In fact, Lawrinowicz bought just two of them for his daughter Jessica. There were more hanging on the store’s racks when the employees cashed out.
A few days later, Lawrinowicz said he was called into the human resources office and told employees were not allowed to purchase “popular items” until the store opens at 8 a.m. There was no write-up, and he went back to finish his work.
Two weeks later, he and the other co-workers including his team leader were called in and fired by a choked-up, apologetic store manager. They were told the company’s policy about buying “two-day ad items” had been clearly posted in a sign over the employee time clock.
“There was no such thing. I look in that spot every day when I punch out and there was nothing there,” said Lawrinowicz.
Target said the company has certain guidelines in place regarding employees shopping during their shifts.
“These guidelines are in place to provide our guests with the same purchasing opportunities as our team members. We are committed to making the items our guests want as available as possible to ensure a positive guest experience,” said Target representatives in a statement.
Target said the policy is made clear in its employee handbook, and that reminders of it “are often communicated” through postings, newsletters and verbal “huddles.” Policy violations are punishable by action up to and including termination.
Lawrinowicz said, though it was hard physical work, he enjoyed working for Target and bears no animosity toward the company. But he can’t help feeling his termination and that of his colleagues is overly harsh, especially right before the holidays.
“I told them I would bring the things back. It’s not worth losing my job over. It’s an $8 toy,” he said. “But they said there was nothing they could do.” [Source]
Here's my opinion. I could see if the employees stole the items, then that obviously would be grounds for termination. But they bought them, and to me, money is money regardless of whether it's the customer buying it or the employee. Another thing that I don't get is if the company's policy about buying "two day ad items" was posted above the timeclock for all to see, why didn't the employee ringing them up remind them that they couldn't purchase those particular items? I have so many questions, but I'd like to know what you think. Discuss.
- Charlotte Russe: Free Shipping when you redeem your gift card on an order of $50+ at CharlotteRusse.com through 1/9!
- Karmaloop: Free shipping with any order. Coupon code: CRZY8. Expires 12-31-09
- Yankee Candle: $10 off $25 or more purchase. Expires 1-16-10
- Lord & Taylor: 20% off regular and sale priced items. Expires 12-24-09
- Dress Barn: 10% off your entire purchase. Expires 12-31-09
- H&M: $10 off $50 or more purchase. Expires 12-24-09
- Old Navy: 10% off any new arrival. Coupon code: ONSAVETEN. Expires 1-2-10
- Love My Shoes: 40% off fall and winter styles. Coupon code: XMAS09. Expires 12-31-09
- Baghaus: 10% off everything plus free shipping with orders $50 or more. Coupon code: December. Expires 12-31-09
- Sephora: Take an extra 20% off sale items. Coupon code: EXTRA. Valid 12/23- 12/31/09
- Sally Beauty: Free shipping on any order. Coupon code: 555338. Expires 12-16-09
- Charlotte Russe: FREE SHIPPING with Guaranteed Christmas Delivery on orders of $50 or more 12/13-12/21 at Charlotte Russe! Promo Code: SHIP50
- Macy's: $15 off $50 or more purchase. Expires 12-23-09
- Forever 21: Free shipping on orders $40 or more. Coupon code: FREESHIP09. Expires 12-25-09
- Makeup.com: 25% off all Borghese products. Coupon code: FANGO25. Expires 12-16-09
- DJ Premium: Take 35% off your entire order. Coupon code: 1HVOC2. Expires 12-20-09
- JC Penney: Free shipping on orders $25 or more. Coupon code: CR8JOY. Expires 12-18-09. Also, use coupon code NICE4U to get $10 off $10 or more purchase.
- Ulta: Free shipping on orders $25 or more. Coupon code: 33069. Expires 12-17-09
- NY & Co.: $20 off $60 or more purchase. Coupon code: 4686. Expires 12-17-09
- bebe: BOGO 50% off. Coupon code: GET50OFF. Expires 12-20-09
Spotted on the arms of celebs such as Lady Gaga and Shakira, the YSL studded satchel is one kick ass bag. Hell, if I had the funds, I think I would buy it. This bag is hot! For the babes on a budget that want the look of the YSL bag, American Chic has their version for $50. It's not an exact dupe (the material looks sort of like a suede to me), but you can see where this bag got its inspiration from. Right now, American Chic is offering 10% off this bag. Just enter coupon code studd10 at the checkout. Offer ends on 12-24-09.
So, I checked my email last night and to my surprise, a Sephora $15 gift code was there waiting for me. I really didn't know what to buy, so I just ordered the 212 Sephora by OPI nail polish that I wanted. The price of the nail polish, plus the cost of shipping pretty much used up all of this gift code, but my whole total ended up costing me less than a can of soda...
Sephora by OPI nail color in 212 $9. I saw a girl working the Sephora counter at JC Penney wearing this color. I wanted to buy it then, but they were sold out. I just love the color. It's a smoky black with iridescent, copper, and gold glitter in it. I will definitely be wearing this for my upcoming holiday parties.
Now with every order, you get to choose three samples. Here are the ones I chose...
Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment sample
Korres Face Primer sample
Nail polish $9.00
paid w/gc ($15.00)
total charged to my credit card: $0.49. I got five items for $0.49. Awesome! Thanks Sephora!
To any of you who are Beauty Insiders with Sephora, did you get a gift code? What did you buy?
Enter YMI Jeans' Extreme contest for a chance to win a $500 shopping spree! All you have to do is become a Facebook fan of YMI Jeans, upload a pic of your favorite "extreme" outfit and use one word to describe how extreme your outfit is, share with your friends to get votes. Click here for more details. Contest ends on 1-4-10.
And speaking of extreme, check out the new YMI Extreme denim leggings!
Such a sexy jean for $38!
I actually bought the first dress about two weeks ago and it was marked down to $12.48. When I came back this time, the dresses were marked down to $6.24. Maybe I should've waited. They're still regular price online, so check your local store to see if they've hit the clearance racks.
I love this tank, it's ruffly and it has a zipper...how cute is that? And it's marked down to $9.99 at JC Penney
Call me crazy....but I looooooove sequin leggings. I think they would be a perfect *pow* piece for a simple outfit. I spotted these babies for $39 over at Newport News. I'm sure I can find them cheaper
I love, love, love a big ring! Girlprops has a fabulous selection of cocktail rings on the cheap. I love this one, which is only $14.99
These sleepshirts scream comfort, and are really a steal at only $10 at Target. (I always end up back at that place..)
How could I do this without having a shoe somewhere in the mix???
Check out this baby....I've been itching for a really cute bootie. This one is only 39.99 at Bakers:
- Pier 1 Imports: $10 off $50 or more purchase. Expires 12-24-09
- Ulta: $5 off $10 purchase. Expires 12-24-09
- Aeropostale: $10 off $50 or more purchase. Expires 12-24-09
- NY & Co.: 30% off $75 or more purchase. Coupon code: 2516. Expires 12-31-09
- Karmaloop: Free shipping on any order. Coupon code: CRZY8. Expires 12-31-09
- Urban Outfitters: 20% off orders $100 or more. Coupon code: GIFTED. Expires 12-15-09
- Smashbox: $25 off $100 purchase. Coupon code: ELLEHOLIDAY. Expires 12-31-09
- Victoria's Secret: 15% off your purchase. Coupon code: VSSAVE15. Expires 12-9-09
Just added (12-8-09, 10:35 am):
- Old Navy: 20% off any purchase. Coupon code: ONSAVE20. Expires 12-15-09
Visit the Sally Beauty Supply website
and enter this code at checkout:
$10 off a purchase of $10 or more??? Gotta love it..
Plus, they are offering free shipping for any purchase over $50. This would be a great time to stock up on your fave products. I'm going to try that Argan oil that Niki blogged about a few weeks ago. I'm not sure how long the coupon code is good for, so use it while it's still hot!
You've seen his designs on Beyonce, Natalie Portman, Rachel Bilson, and plenty of Hollywood's other red carpet sensations. Now it's been confirmed that Zac Posen will debut a GO International collection for one of our fave stores, Target!. His line will debut in April of next year, and the prices will start around $15, which is an absolute steal seeing how his designs generally range from $900-$12,000. I am sure he will be bringing the heat with his affordable collection as well. Will you be buying?
I picked up this shirt dress in both black and khaki. The possibilities are endless with these!
P.S. These dresses are still $24.99-$27.99 on the website!
This is a really comfy t-shirt style dress, I'm picturing myself dressing it up and down with tights, cardigans, blazers, etc. Endless possibilities once again. I love it in the pink, but the green is cute too. This one is about ten bucks on the site but I paid about 6 bucks in the store.
This NORMA KAMALI shift dress from Wal-Mart is a STEAL at only $20. The quality of the NK collection is amazing.
Check out this cute dress on clearance at Walmart for $24
These 3 dresses are all available at 15DOLLARSTORE.COM I love this site as they have fast shipping and great deals all the time. Check the site out for more great deals.