Let’s talk about hair. I’m obsessed with mine. And I’m a self-confessed product and hair tool junkie. Seriously, I have two storage totes filled with half-used products, perm rods, crimping irons and other hair paraphernalia.
While I don’t have a set regimen, I do make an effort to wash my hair at least once week and moisturize daily. Now, I’m working out 3-4 days a week, and the sweat is not my friend. I can’t go more than two days without washing my hair. The sweat makes my scalp itch and drives me crazy. So I’m co-washing (washing my hair with conditioner instead of shampoo) every other night. Between work, the gym, and other activities, I have a lot of late nights and early mornings, which makes the time consuming efforts of air-drying inconvenient. So, when given the opportunity to try out this dryer, I jumped right at it.
The Hana Salon is known for making some of the world’s best tools for hair styling. Their flat irons are 100% ceramic, and their hair dryers boast the most advanced far infrared ionic heat. According to the website, “It is the only hair dryer that will make your hair healthier and more radiant with each and every use.”
Click here for more info
• Ion Technology- condition hair & reduces static electricity
• Tourmaline & Titanium Oxide Technology- natural ions promote healthier hair
• Silver Nanotechnology- for antibacterial Protection
• Scratch Resistant Shell with black metallico finish adds durability and is easy to clean
• Long life motor with low noise
• Gyroscopically balanced for easy handling
• Fiberglass concentrator
• Italian Design
I washed my hair with Paul Mitchell’s Intense Moisture Shampoo, and then followed up with the Awapuhi Wild Ginger leave-in conditioner. After that, I lightly towel-dried, I applied the AMAZING HANA Shine Shield Thermal Protectant before blow drying my hair.
I was impressed with how fast my hair got dry. I haven’t relaxed my hair in over a year, so it’s really coarse, but this dryer did a great job on my entire head.
- Gorgeous packaging – HANA prides itself on beautiful packaging. If you give a HANA product as a gift, there’s no need to wrap it, because it already comes in a beautiful box.
- Lightweight and dries quickly – This is the lightest dryer I’ve ever used. My arm usually gets tired when going through my hair, because it’s super thick, and shoulder-length. But this dryer got through my hair in almost half the time as my other dryer.
- Expensive – This dryer retails for around $335, but is currently on sale for $194.99 on the website. For a professional stylist, this may seem reasonable, but for those of us using this at home, that may seem a little price. To be fair, this dryer does come with a 2 year warranty.
- Single Attachment – Other dryers I have used came with more attachments, my favorite being the diffuser. This one comes with a concentrator. This piece allows the air to directly flow to a specific area of the air. The diffuser is my fave because it does the opposite, which is ideal for curly or wavy styles. It’s not necessarily a deal breaker, but more options are always a good thing.
Although it’s pricey, it is well worth it. In fact, it's probably the best hair dryer I've ever used. More reviewers on the HANA website rate this dryer the top on the market. One reviewer even dubbed it “The Louis Vuitton of hair dryers”! It is a great investment for a salon or at-home care. Click here to see the rest of their dryer collection.
Official HANA website:
A sample of this product was given to Cheapalicious for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on Cheapalicious are the honest opinions of its author(s) and editorial samples do not, in any way, influence the outcome of product reviews.