- Baby spinach: This is the "green" in the smoothie. I always use spinach, but you can use kale or any other greens.
- Banana: Depending on how much smoothie I'm making, I'll use either half of a banana or the whole thing. This kind of helps in masking the taste of the spinach.
- Frozen fruit: I always use frozen fruit so I don't have to use ice, but it's totally up to you if you want to use fresh fruit.
- Milk: I use either coconut, soy, or almond milk in my smoothies. I hardly ever drink regular ol' milk anymore, but that's my personal preference. You can use any milk you like. If you prefer not to use milk, water is fine.
- Extras: Sometimes I like to add a little sweetness to my smoothies, so I'll use either a little bit of honey or agave nectar to sweeten it up. I'll also throw a dash of vanilla extract or a pinch of cinnamon in to enhance the flavor.
I don't use exact measurements- I just kinda eyeball how much of the ingredients I put in. Sorry.
If I'm only making enough for myself, I use only a handful of spinach
Add your fruits and extras
Blend it up!
Check out more green smoothie recipes here!